Respray in Surrey

Currently reading:
Respray in Surrey

The Silver Flash

The best quote I have from a local bodyshop is £1500 to respray my Seicento Sporting in the same silver paint that it has now. Does anyone on here run or know of a bodyshop that could do a good job for nearer the £1000 mark. The car has a few stone chips and a few scuffs where wallies have brushed shopping trollies up against it, but other than that it is in good nick. I live in Surrey to appreciate I'm stuck with higher prices than those of you who live oop norf. :)

is it that bad that it requires a full respray..just a sugestion but there,s guys out there now that can touch up the paintwork blend it all in etc & give it a good mopping & the results are quite good & a fraction of the cost of a full respray:D...the question here is how long you keeping the car is it worth it ect..if you get it done cheaply there,s a special coat they spray on protecting paintwork, for a few £££,s i don,t know how effective it is, but worth investigating further:confused:...best of luck what ever you choose:D

One bodyshop I went to did suggest a makeover by a chips and dents man. My concern is that my car is metalic silver which is very hard to match. I don't want to end up with a car that looks worse than it does now.

The car is actually in very good condition for its age. It makes no financial sense whatsoever to have a full respray and I am not so flush with cash that it wouldn't give my current account a good kicking. However, I have a huge amount of history tied up in the car and will probably never sell it so I would get my money's worth out of a respray.

Have either of you had a smart repair done? Was it a good colour match? I think I'll give that chap in Redhill a call and see what he thinks. We're in GUildford so not too far away.

yes you,re actualy quite right in saying metalic is a bit hard to match, that said. if it,s just a lot of stone chip damage i dont think this would be too hard for a good repairman to cope with...& yes i had paint blend job done but that was years ago,but thats a different story realy so i cant in honesty comment from experience....but i still think asking about this way forward would be worth it(y)

silver is a pig to match :(
However a good sprayer will blend a panel into the next panel.
see how you get on with some s.m.a.r.t repair.
If you want then post some pics of your cars defects and myself and others can offer advice :)

I must admit £1500 for a respray on such a small car is a lot.

silver is a pig to match :(
However a good sprayer will blend a panel into the next panel.
see how you get on with some s.m.a.r.t repair.
If you want then post some pics of your cars defects and myself and others can offer advice :)

I must admit £1500 for a respray on such a small car is a lot.

Now you've got me worried again ;). What I've got is a lot of significant stone chips (sharp stones, so deep) on the bonnet some scuff marks on the rear bumpers that are faint but not deep, the lower part of the front bumper has nudged up against a kerb and there is a deep graze on the driver's door like a fork had been dug in a pulled for an inch. There are also a fair number of car park dings. I'm making it sound a lot worse than it is really. From a distance it looks fine but up close is rather untidy. It's just that all the panels are affected. Even the roof has a bird poo stain.

I think I'll keep this thread running and hope that a friendly Surrey sprayer can respray the whole lot for a grand. If anyone is reading this I can pay cash if that oils the wheels:D.

Doesn't sound like it needs a full respray. You could buy some touch up build the paint up just proud of the surface then use 2000 grit Wet and dry to flat back. Quite labour intensive but material cost is low. Won't be perfect but will be significantly better.

A good machine polish will make a big improvement to the whole car and should sort faint scratches out, and most dinks could probably be vastly improved by a dent buster guy. Try Paul on 07863 141772. Dunno if he'll go out to Guildford though, drive it to Redhill and he could probably sort out your dents.

Back