Technical replacing engine battery

Currently reading:
Technical replacing engine battery

basa99

Hi,
I want to replace the engine battery on my Ducato 2007 x250 but do not want to lose the radio and alarm codes. if i connect a battery start booster to the jump start terminals under the bonnet will this do the trick?

It will do the trick. Alternatively, you can power the accessories from another battery through the cig lighter socket. This may be safer as if you use the jump start stud, then the battery terminal remains live. Once you remove the pos terminal, wrap a rag round it, so it can't short to the frame.

I have replaced battery's on two Fiats, both Punto's, and never had to re code the radio's. Replace battery switch on radio all OK.

HTML:
I have replaced battery's on two Fiats, both Punto's, and never had to re code the radio's. Replace battery switch on radio all OK.
And ??

Disconnected x2/50 Ducato battery many times for welding.No problems with radio when reconnected.Later removed the radio and tried it in another car it wouldn't work beacuse it wasn't seeing canbus but when put back in origional ducato it worked again.

Back