Technical Replace cambelt

Currently reading:
Technical Replace cambelt

Harry007

We have just replaced the cambelt on our 2012 2.3 fiat ducato, It now has a flashing engine management light, the only codes found are
P130151 and P130229
As I've just purchased the van I wouldn't know it these codes were present before I done the work, the battery was disconnect when I undertook the work??
Could it be phonic wheel learn? Any pointers would be much appreciated

We have just replaced the cambelt on our 2012 2.3 fiat ducato, It now has a flashing engine management light, the only codes found are
P130151 and P130229
As I've just purchased the van I wouldn't know it these codes were present before I done the work, the battery was disconnect when I undertook the work??
Could it be phonic wheel learn? Any pointers would be much appreciated
My cambelt book doesn't mention the need to "phonic wheel learn" on that job. I can photo the details if you want.
The first code seems to be to do with injector coding and the other with auto box?
Does your diagnostic tool give you the option to delete the codes , to see if they return?

My cambelt book doesn't mention the need to "phonic wheel learn" on that job. I can photo the details if you want.
The first code seems to be to do with injector coding and the other with auto box?
Does your diagnostic tool give you the option to delete the codes , to see if they return?
Tried. They won't delete.

Tried. They won't delete.
The one that may be for injector calibration/coding would need the numbers from the injectors loaded into the ECU with a good diagnostic tool like MES or maybe Snap On. Do you know if the injectors had been played around with before you got the van?
By the way is it a automatic as the other code may relate to that?
What is it running like?

The first code is for a misfire, the flashing engine management light would tend to suggest a misfire….

I think it is fair to say you have a misfire. Are you 100% sure the timing is correct and not for example a tooth or two out of time ?

The first code is for a misfire, the flashing engine management light would tend to suggest a misfire….

I think it is fair to say you have a misfire. Are you 100% sure the timing is correct and not for example a tooth or two out of time ?
I'll look into this. 👍

Thanks for your reply,I will re check timing marks tomorrow,what's confusing is the fact that the EML light is flashing even before I start the engine??

The one that may be for injector calibration/coding would need the numbers from the injectors loaded into the ECU with a good diagnostic tool like MES or maybe Snap On. Do you know if the injectors had been played around with before you got the van?
By the way is it a automatic as the other code may relate to that?
What is it running like?
It's a manual. Running OK. The EML is flashing before I start the engine...

The codes won't delete... It's a manual

The codes won't delete... It's a manual
May be best to get codes read by MES or Snap On diagnostics.
Is this any good if you want to recheck cambelt side? Assuming same engine series.

Attachments

• DSCF1260.JPG
    DSCF1260.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1261.JPG
    DSCF1261.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 33
May be best to get codes read by MES or Snap On diagnostics.
Is this any good if you want to recheck cambelt side? Assuming same engine series.
I now have only 1 code p130229 gear shift self learning. The EML has stopped flashing and is now solid.

I now have only 1 code p130229 gear shift self learning. The EML has stopped flashing and is now solid.
Strange, as you said it was a manual gearbox.
Does it have a clutch pedal sensor and can your diagnostics see that if you can see "live data" sometimes it will show if pedal down or up, some cars also show what gear it is in.
I had a customer whose Citroen was gutless, he had had a new clutch fitted bu the dealers, I was going through error codes on his car and deleted one about clutch pedal position. Next time I saw him he told me car was going much better! Basically the ECU "detuned" the car to prolong the worn clutch's life However dealers never deleted the code!!!

Back