removal keys punto mk1

Currently reading:
removal keys punto mk1

:yeahthat: I have about 4 different sets and all of them work, as long as they are long enough the should do the job. The only reason they look different is because different companies make them.

There are two types of removal keys, some slot in holes in the face of the CD player. However most use 2 keys that slide down either side of the headunit. The headunit sits in a cage that is screwed into the dash, these two keys disengage the headunit from the cage, as long as they reach, i.e. they are long enough.

There are two types of removal keys, some slot in holes in the face of the CD player. However most use 2 keys that slide down either side of the headunit. The headunit sits in a cage that is screwed into the dash, these two keys disengage the headunit from the cage, as long as they reach, i.e. they are long enough.

theres actually more than two:

U shaped two holes either side (most common)
large U shaped (used on new vauxhalls)
european flat pins (used for likes of citroen AXs)
short "stubby" flat pins (VW etc.)
flat pins (ones that slide down sides of sonys, panasonics)
Kenwood pins (variation of above)

thats all i can remember off the top of my head!

a combination of...

two really skinny allen keys (2.5mm ish) and some twisting and skill
or four really skinny allen keys, but its unliekly you'll have four that would fit unless you have two whole sets, that said, pound shop do something that would work

a combination of...

two really skinny allen keys (2.5mm ish) and some twisting and skill
or four really skinny allen keys, but its unliekly you'll have four that would fit unless you have two whole sets, that said, pound shop do something that would work

i've got 4 sets :D i kept on losing the one i needed!
I just bought some removal keys off ebay for like 3 quid. they looked long!

Back