Remote Start - How do I wire into ACC on ignition etc

Currently reading:
Remote Start - How do I wire into ACC on ignition etc

carl6885

Hi

Can anyone tell me where i would start to find the correct points for ignition such as ACC, Starter Motor, IG1 and IG2?

Is it in the fusebox?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong..this is an unsafe mod..as the car has the ability to move off with nobody in it and its illegal?

Correct me if I'm wrong..this is an unsafe mod..as the car has the ability to move off with nobody in it and its illegal?

Corrected you shall be, this is a legal mod ONLY if used off road and on private land (as it is illegal to leave an unattended motor vehicle running on the public highway).

It is also unsafe in manual motors, but perfectly safe in the intended Automatic trans, as found in 99% of vehicles in the american market, which this mod was made for. Due to the inability to start if in anything other than P or N (in most modern Auto's).

At OP, what vehicle is it for, and what the intended use out of interest as I've fitted 2 of these kits myself.

Jon.

I stand corrected..:worship:

Not sure the insurers would be keen on the mod...legal or not.

Last edited:
Not sure the insurers would be keen on the mod...legal or not.

Lol. Yes, I'm not really that keen on them, only fitted to dad's Auto Panda as the alarm I fitted incorperated the feature.

And know exactly what your saying about insurance, but you know what half of these people are like for not declairing mods (n) :(

It is safe to fit remote start to manual cars if a safety circuit is included.

A friend of mine has a system of this type on a Mini Copper JCW. The switch stops the car from starting from the remote if the car is in gear. The setup looks like a collar of somesort is connected to the gear stick below the bellows with a black box mounted on the floor of the car, next to the gear stick, again inside the bellows. Don't know how it works, but with the car in gear, it doesn't start.With it in neutral, you press the button on the remote and the car starts, if you press the button again, the car shuts off.

The system is part of a full install including tracker system and a load of other clever stuff. The remote looks like a little pager with an LCD picture on.

In short, it can be done, but it is complicated and devilishly expensive, a job best left to professionals.

Really cool in the summer, press button and the car turns on, AC gets the car cool and you get in to a chilly interior. lovely!:cool:

i've got the remote start function also on my alarm you can start it from 5000m distance but if you remote start it and try to drive without the key, it stops the engine and locks the doors (anti hijacking) here's the website btw
www[dot]spy-europe[dot]com => You are only allowed to post URLs once you have at least 5 posts.

any luck on the installation? i need to install this alarm in my car but i don't have any wiring diagrams yet

Back