REMOTE central locking upgrade (Meta M20)

Currently reading:
REMOTE central locking upgrade (Meta M20)

ts86net

Fiat are charging £70 for this unit (simple 5min install - which is a plus I supose). Part number: 46001190.

Anyone happen to know where I can the Fiat part for cheaper price (e.g. someone selling one maybe), or another (fairly easy) option for remote central locking?

Cheers,

<font face="Verdana">--
<font color="maroon">'98 Fiat Marea Weekend ELX (1.8 16v).</font id="maroon">
- Kenwood MP3 head unit
- De-Restricted standard air box
- NGK VX Platinum spark plugs (BKR7EVX)
- Toyo Proxes T1-S (205/45) tyres on Stilo 7-twin-spoke 16" alloys
- Quad LED blue sidelights
- Richbrook Aluminium Red Uni-Hex gear knob with FIAT logo and silver/grey gaiter
</font id="Verdana">

be better of spending the cash on an alarm with remote locking and get the extra benifit,i fitted a toad sterling pro for £90 and that has remote locking immob etc.i know its a bit dearer and more work but i just wouldnt pay £70 for remote locking alone

Custard boy the man who loves the man from Creative

Hmm, could it be this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2458752064&category=10382

Possible?

Custard boy, I agree, which is why I was hoping to pay less for remote locking. If I were to fit an Alarm I'd probably choose a CAT1 approved one, just so it'll actually make a difference on my insurance premimum.

pghstochaj, thanks!

<font face="Verdana">--
<font color="maroon">'98 Fiat Marea Weekend ELX (1.8 16v).</font id="maroon">
- Kenwood MP3 head unit
- De-Restricted standard air box
- NGK VX Platinum spark plugs (BKR7EVX)
- Toyo Proxes T1-S (205/45) tyres on Stilo 7-twin-spoke 16" alloys
- Quad LED blue sidelights
- Richbrook Aluminium Red Uni-Hex gear knob with FIAT logo and silver/grey gaiter
</font id="Verdana">

Not a problem, hope it's the right thing and you go for it. Big coincidence I stumbled accross it an hour or two before and then happened to read your post and remembered it!

Just wish it was so simple to fit central locking on my Uno!

Paul

this is a reply to the guy who needs a cheap locking device....fit an alarm before you start making your punto atractive to scumbums....then you can wait for the "extra blue lights"...and the peice of mind knowing your car is secure....is worth more in sleep than blue lights.......security tip....if your house alarm is a wire free system and your car is say within the capture range think of buying an axtra sensor and just leave it in your car..it will be handy if you have had a few beers and you may not hear your alarm from your car going off...but you will with your house alarm.........sounds a bit tight fisted..but it works...and that is what matters....

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back