Technical Remind me, are the 4x4's really this loud?

Currently reading:
Technical Remind me, are the 4x4's really this loud?

Just had the first drive in the Sisley in nearly 6 weeks since having had the mk3. Now how noisey sound the whyne from the 4x4s be again?

Just seems really loud! I thought I had a really rusty brake at first. At 60 it disapears and after 6 miles it seems to have settled down. I'm going to check level in rear diff tomorrow. I've got a 6th sence about it. What oil does the rear diff take again? and to I just top-up like gearbox, until it flows out?

Jon.

hello most easterly pandas. you're not driving it in 4x4 at that speed i hope? rear diff oil i put in 145w90 when i did mine. make sure you drain it well first and top up until it starts to dribble out of top filler hole. if you overfill it you may get oil seal leakage on your rear wheels which can be easily mistaken for brake oil. (also lubricate propshaft while you're down there). mine panda's not really noisy since i put new(ish) gearbox in. added some wynns oil to that too which helps. i also put a magnet on the hex plug to draw any loose metal gunk away from gears. do you know anyone who has a rear door barrel and latch with key for sale? 1991 sisley.
(y)
cheers, john.

Back