Tuning Remapping

Currently reading:
Tuning Remapping

Fiat500xrealbob

hi everyone, was thinking about getting my 1.4 turbo 500x remapped, was thinking about super chips as they are local to me and I know some people who recommend them.
Just wondering if anyone has had their car tuned and what they think of it after. Or even if it’s with it
Thanks everyone

hi everyone, was thinking about getting my 1.4 turbo 500x remapped, was thinking about super chips as they are local to me and I know some people who recommend them.
Just wondering if anyone has had their car tuned and what they think of it after. Or even if it’s with it
Thanks everyone
Not wanting to put any dampers on your quest I have to ask why as the basic 500X 1.4 Turbo with either 130BHP or the later 150BHP+ are perfectly capable and I would mildly suggest that on a race track their performance would exceed your ability to drive/control them.

I will admit that there is on my 500X 2015 a small driveability issue in that AUTO is too lethargic and SPORT mode can be a little too aggressive for some (but not me :) )

There is no offence or criticism raised or pointed in this.

All I can say is the my past Uno SX with 46BHP at the wheels (admittedly with a lowered and stiffened suspension designed for the 105BHP Uno Turbo) could nearly average 80mph round the Goodwood race circuit (officially timed by AROC and LMC and SMC sprints) and in some bends like Saint Mary's even the Caterham bullets were not a match. Yes on the straights we lost out due to lack of power but come end of lap there was little / not much difference.

Personally I really believe that people need to start with some 0BHP and learn to progress and adapt their skills through increasing handling and power capabilities. I've been to soooo many track days etc. where the humble car has outperformed the macho ... look at my .... cars and come the end of the day the humble car is still running putting in respectable times (all considered) and the others have broken down or more sadly they end up in the kitty litter or Armco only having to be recovered by recovery wagon and thus taking precious time and money from those more sensible wanting to have a good safe and SKILLS LEARNING experience!

I'll go so far as to say SIZE/PWER DOES NOT MATTER. Often the little "item" is far more pleasurable to drive and receive :) than the "big bang" look at my engine and wheels .......

I want to stress I'm not picking on or denouncing people's ambitions wrt vehicle performance upgrades, but think of Jenson Button, Hamilton, Coulthard etc. They started with next to 0BHP, on level and very low BHP and regulation limited carts and had to learn the art and craft of honing not only their race skills but actually understanding getting the maximum performance and handling out of their carts which on paper were the same as the cart next door and lacking the performance and power they as drivers would have liked to have. It is their progression, and that of many other motor sport and sensible road rivers drivers, that takes them all from nothing to masters. Their was no Tuning Chip and even if there was they would probably have rejected it.

Delicate subject I will admit but that said a valuable one?

All this said I believe some people have fitted throttle pedal tuning boxes to their cars with which they can change the throttle pedal response / profile to far more personally acceptable profiles/settings. These do not increase BHP or Torque but just map/profile what is available for use into a pedal position and travel more comfortable and driveable for the driver. Ideally I on my 2015 500X would like a mid point between Auto and Sport Mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I get what your saying and will take it into consideration while I’m thinking about what to do 👍

What precise model is your 500x? And what are you wanting to achieve? Ours is the 4WD with the 170HP engine straight from Fiat (2016). Takes a bit to get it going but when you do it's quite capable. Notionally it's supposed to be able to do 0-60 in just under 8 seconds

Back