IMG00311-20110710-1621.jpg

Grande Punto Red Sporting

Introduction

Bought a red sporting about 4 months ago and thought id post it up on here. Bought it standard and done a couple of mods:
new shiney bulbs :)
wind mirros, roof and spoiler wapped in gloss black
both door collums warpped in carbon fibre
remap to about 185 bhp
motec alloys
bonnet bra

and going to fit my new coilovers hopefully soon.
Rhysn81 - yer rear lights are tinted to all apart from rear reflectors at bottom.

tbh exhaust sounds pretty awsome :) no noise on tick over or even reving (maybe slightly deeper) out of gear just a prrrrrl sound from the turbo but when you put your foot down in gear its like a really deep gti tractor aha tbh best mod ive ever done to the car and thanks to longlife exhausts you can pretty much design your own exhaust and get more of a tone you want.

**WARNING* Always let your turbo cool down after a good run, unfortunatley blew my turbo up the other day after forgeting it needs to cool down, a lesson to all £800 looks better in my pocket then in the mechanics a expensive lesson learnt. :)

Well cant blame the car just the driver aha, na no more coilovers enjoyed the handling and the looks but just wasnt pratical but the ride height is ridic looks horrid standard so might invest in some springs i dunna. On a lighter note your car is looking sweet, actually made me go and buy a splitter :) just wish there was more meets down my area so i could come along

**WARNING* Always let your turbo cool down after a good run, unfortunatley blew my turbo up the other day after forgeting it needs to cool down, a lesson to all £800 looks better in my pocket then in the mechanics a expensive lesson learnt. :)

I've always known this but how do you let your turbo cool down? If I've been for long run (not very often) I always leave it ticking over a minute before I turn it off. That enough time?

I've always known this but how do you let your turbo cool down? If I've been for long run (not very often) I always leave it ticking over a minute before I turn it off. That enough time?

I dont think the time you let it cool off is related the length of the run, more to do with how hard you drive it, couple of mimutes is ample but was in a rush and just turned it straight off, on next start up lasted roughly 1 min before poooof smoke everywhere and no power aha

Well cant blame the car just the driver aha, na no more coilovers enjoyed the handling and the looks but just wasnt pratical but the ride height is ridic looks horrid standard so might invest in some springs i dunna. On a lighter note your car is looking sweet, actually made me go and buy a splitter :) just wish there was more meets down my area so i could come along

i might be taking my splitter off tbh, scrapes on everything and for that reason, so glad i didnt buy the linea one for about 3x the price

Back