Technical Rear passenger sliding door

Currently reading:
Technical Rear passenger sliding door

Yammy

Hi folks. I'm having a problem with the rear passenger sliding door. It's stuck shut!! It won't open from inside or out! I've removed the door card and tried pulling it from the rods and all sorts but it will not budge. Anyone know a way of opening it so I can inspect/change the mechanism. Cheers peeps.

Yet again no one's bothered this seems a waste of time do we only comment on basic stuff?

Sorry I have only just seen this as I don't go on the forum that much as membership seems to be dwindling. Anyway I have the same problem but I looked online recently and found a good tip- whilst trying to open the door from the outside thump the rear edge, it works a treat for me, not sure why perhaps the catch mechanisms dry up and need a bit of WD40 or white grease occasionally.

The forum is very slow... very very slow I would try the facebook group.
Yes it is very slow as of course ownership of the 1994 - 2002 models is dwindling. I think they are great vehicles though. The EV2 Facebook group is no good though as the moderator doesn't like EV1 posts on there so perhaps we should start a separate EV1 group??

EV1 posts are allowed as long as you state straight away that you are talking about an EV1 as otherwise it causes too much confusion as the 2 cars are completely different.

Back