Technical Rear hub bearings confusion

Currently reading:
Technical Rear hub bearings confusion

rickylittle

Hi everyone, and sorry if this has been answered a million times before but my multi has started a rear bearing grumble noise. So I need to buy a new set of hubs with the bearings inbuilt. But mine has abs and I don't seem to be able to get them from anywhere. There are some on eBay but they state 'no abs'. So can I use the no abs ones on my multi?
Cheers guys

There are ABS ones on ebay. Fiat part number for the ABS hub with bearing is 46519901. For the hub with non-ABS bearing it's 51754192. Try a search for this number with the 'include description' box ticked.

Try this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1101F-REA...ts_SM&fits=Model:Multipla&hash=item1c33766404

I've not bought one from them so can't comment on the quality.

Some of the ebay listings get the part numbers for the bearing kit (i.e. without the hub flange) and the above items (i.e. with hub) confused. Part number for the ABS-type bearing kit is 71737614. For the non-ABS type it's 71737613.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
That's great, cheers mate. I'll get them ordered and I'll let you know if they are up to scratch etc. (y)

just put 2 new hubs on rear ,got them from E bay at £24 each,ABS ones .. the only problem is. they are almost as noisy as the old set.. I dont know if I am just unlucky or they are just rubbish?parts came from c&k automotive of Hampshire

Oh dear sorry to hear that mate. My hubs arrived today and they are madeby comline. They look really good but I'll see how it goes when they are fitted. I'll let you know how they are when fitted :)

Cheers for the advice mate. I don't have a blow lamp but I do have a hot air gun (the politician :D) do you think that will be good enough for it?
Cheers mate

A decent heat gun should do it, as long as you can concentrate the heat mostly on the race, avoiding the shaft itself.
Use a thin nozzle if it has that option, or shield the shaft with something heatproof, like a section of tubing that fits over it, or an old wall/floor Tile.

Ahh ok. I shall do that. I have a nozzle thingy that came with it. So I'll give that a go. I'll have a crack at it at the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers guys :)

Ok quick update. I was going to do the bearings a few weeks ago but didn't get the time. So I took a day off today to do it. getting the brake drum was the hardest part of it. The bearing come out in two halves. And it seems the oil seal on the bearing itself was the problem. But I have to say the part I bought was a comline hub and it's very very good. It's built better than the original fiat part. So if you buy one get a comline part. Also all this talk about the bearing having teeth is not true. It is just dirt. It wipes off with a bit of white spirit and a rag. So there you have it. Any questions about it then let me know. And thanks for all the advice etc. :)

Back