Technical Rear door problems

Currently reading:
Technical Rear door problems

nealhume

I have a tipe estate 67 plate and the rear door won't open from inside or out. I have removed the door card and you can feel the actuator trying to open when clicking the central locking. Any ideas how I can open the door to access the actuator fixings?

I have a tipe estate 67 plate and the rear door won't open from inside or out. I have removed the door card and you can feel the actuator trying to open when clicking the central locking. Any ideas how I can open the door to access the actuator fixings?
On modern cars they try and make it as hard as possible for thieves, if you can't access the release mechanism, only thing I can suggest is with the panel off spray loads of WD40 around the mechanism, then if you are outside with the window down try and hold the inside door release lever in the open position whilst working the unlock key button and pulling/pushing on the door to take the pressure off the catch
I know it sounds daft but I have had it work sometimes.
Apart from that all you can do is look at a new lock and try and work out a way of releasing it from that.
Modern central locking door locks are all built to be as secure as possible.

On modern cars they try and make it as hard as possible for thieves, if you can't access the release mechanism, only thing I can suggest is with the panel off spray loads of WD40 around the mechanism, then if you are outside with the window down try and hold the inside door release lever in the open position whilst working the unlock key button and pulling/pushing on the door to take the pressure off the catch
I know it sounds daft but I have had it work sometimes.
Apart from that all you can do is look at a new lock and try and work out a way of releasing it from that.
Modern central locking door locks are all built to be as secure as possible.
Thank you I tried this today but it failed. Also tried to tap with a hammer to see if the actuator was vibrated into action.

Thank you I tried this today but it failed. Also tried to tap with a hammer to see if the actuator was vibrated into action.
Sounds like you are not the only one who has had this problem when you do a search. Sorry I was not any help.
Hopefully another member can help.

Back