General Random tube under bonnet and leaking air filter?

Currently reading:
General Random tube under bonnet and leaking air filter?

bxstar2

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help/has had the same issues please. I have a 1.2 2015 Fiat 500 s.

1. Red circle: is this tube in the correct place? No other Fiat 500's I've seen have a tube here.

2. Yellow circle: is this normal? Looks like oil leaking but isn't that the air filter. The thing moves when pushed. Haven't touched the liquid to see what exactly it is.

20230523_183252.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

The red-circled pipe should be fitted on to a small plastic stub at the back of, and underneath, the air filter housing (just to the driver's side of the cylindrical bit going down into the throttle body, i.e. the yellow-circled bit). Sometimes the stubs snap off though.

The goo in the yellow circle is just engine oil which has come through the breather system (of which that red-circled pipe is part). Not necessarily anything to worry about, and neither is the fact the rubber ring moves a bit, as long as it's basically seating OK and isn't obviously split.

Nick

The red-circled pipe should be fitted on to a small plastic stub at the back of, and underneath, the air filter housing (just to the driver's side of the cylindrical bit going down into the throttle body, i.e. the yellow-circled bit). Sometimes the stubs snap off though.

The goo in the yellow circle is just engine oil which has come through the breather system (of which that red-circled pipe is part). Not necessarily anything to worry about, and neither is the fact the rubber ring moves a bit, as long as it's basically seating OK and isn't obviously split.

Nick
Hi Nick, thank you so much, that's really helpful information. I found the stub at the back where the tube should be connected to so I reconnected it (see pic). There is a fair bit of oil and grime so quite fiddly, hands are covered in it!

I think there might be a rubber seal missing (on the yellow part). I had a look at my mum's Fiat this morning and hers is very clean and tidy and appears to have a seal (there is no gap like mine).

I'm pleased there is nothing to worry about though!

Attachments

• 20230524_084522.jpg
    20230524_084522.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Back