General Qubo Quibbles

Currently reading:
General Qubo Quibbles

raton_laveur

Established member
:mad::(:p(n):yuck::cry::idea:

OK, here's the stuff that I don't like about my Qubo Trekking in order of irritation. I suppose that I'll have to do another thread to discuss the good stuff sometime soon.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: : Seat mounting points on the rear floor. Whatever were they thinking of when they did this? I can't take a nap back there because of these and they make loading long cargo difficult. They can also damage cargo during loading and unloading. This irritates me more than anything else about the car. It also makes me think the the person who approved this silly idea had a very bad case of HUA (Head Up Arse) Disease that day. To put it another way, this is dumber than a pickpocket in a nudist/naturist camp.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : 1.6 JTD not offered on the Qubo.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : No six speed box available with any engine.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : Gearchange is in dire need of improvement.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : Excessive body roll on corners and curves.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : A larger fuel tank would have been much appreciated.

:bang::bang::bang::bang: : The rear pop-out windows have a flimsy mechanism. This would provide easy entry for thieves if left open and the car were unattended. And Fiat door locks are amazingly easy to pick. That's really not acceptable for a commercial vehicle that may carry valuable items inside and it's passenger versions.

:bang::bang::bang: : Fit and finish of the rear area behind the rear doors leaves something to be desired as do the materials used. A rubber mat would have been better from the seat mount points to the tailgate. The fitting of the portable cargo light is particularly bad. Additional cargo rings near the seat mounts would have also been nice to have.

:bang::bang::bang: : There are no storage pockets on the backs of the front seats and no folding tables are on offer. These would be great items for those with small children, even if they were optional. This is only for the normal seats and not the dropdown seat.

:bang::bang::bang: : Front seats could offer better lateral support.

:bang::bang: : Front windows don't go all the way down.

:bang::bang: : Only one cup/can/bottle holder up front. Same for the back.

:bang::bang: : Front door pockets could be wider to hold more stuff.

:bang::bang: : The dropdown seat has no adjustments. It's either up or down. OK, back and forth might be difficult but you can't adjust the seatback rake at all and that looks easy to fix.

:bang::bang: : The Fiorino van version has a clipboard that mounts above the radio. This would be handy to have in this type of vehicle but it's not an option on the Qubo.

:bang::bang: : The standard radio is lacking in features. My biggest gripe is that there's no 'Repeat' button for the CD player. Can't Fiat find a better one as an option?

:bang: : These are small enough not to mention, so I won't.

Don't get me wrong, my Qubo is a wonderful little car/van and I really enjoy it. This is the stuff they need to fix to make it perfect.

Last edited:
What No 6 speed gearbox !!!!!!!!!! why not ??? My Qubo, with its durologic box has 6 gears.
Apart from that, as you said, just a number of niggles..............

Happen you would get them on most cars.......

Take care, Qube O.

What No 6 speed gearbox !!!!!!!!!! why not ??? My Qubo, with its durologic box has 6 gears.
Apart from that, as you said, just a number of niggles..............

Happen you would get them on most cars.......

Take care, Qube O.

Hmm mine's not....5 speed and reverse

1.3 Duologic as well :confused:

I do agree with a few points though...the rear seat mounts damaged something I carried the other week..wasnt impressed!!

Having issues now with the wiper on the rear window...leaves a fair bit of the window uncleaned meaning you can only see so much, although if id have known at the time i'd have gone for the tailgate changed to a double door would have made things a little easier for sure

windows & door locks? well so far had no issues & I live in toxteth (an area well known in Liverpool for vehicle crime)...could be as well though its a fiat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Morning Qubist,
Perhaps thats the reason mine does so well on fuel, having a sixth gear, it means on the motorways/dual carriageways when 6th engages the revs drop off noticeably.
As for the rest of the 'niggles' listed, like I said most of use could find faults with whatever cars we own, the perfect car has yet to be invented, and most probably never will be.
I agree the rear wiper only covers part of the rear window, but I personally find no problem with that at all, it gives me a good clear view through my mirror, so thats fine by me.

I'm most surprised that the 95hp engine only has a 5 speed box, if the 75 can live happily with a 6 would have thought the bigger engine would have found it easy.

Take care, Qube O.

Last edited:
Mine's a 75 and i've no 6spd box..no fair!!!!!....

I totally agree though...been driving since early 90's and to be honest had some real dogs of a drive & couldnt wait to get rid after 3yrs

BUT the qubo? still feel the same as the day we picked it up sure it has its little hiccups but the feeling of drive more than makes up for it all! and if the stupid dealership can get it right in 3yrs or so i'll go for the trekking as well

Last edited:
You guys are right, I missed that one so here it is...

:bang::bang::bang: : Single rear wiper is not sufficient to clean the amount of glass involved.

I think there was one more. If I remember it I'll post it later on.

now you mention these things!

...I've just ordered a trekking today, all these niggles to look forward to :)

Well, they are my very own Quibbles and they may not bother you at all except for the first one.

And here's the other one that I mentioned...

:bang::bang::bang: :The dashboard vents whistle while they work, and not quietly on the higher fan speeds. Really bad if you close the outers and leave the inners open.

Back