Technical Punto Heater Probs

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Heater Probs

DanMc07

Hello there,

I'm basically having trouble with my heater. The heater works on the 3rd setting but I'm getting nothing from the 1st and 2nd setting. So I don't think it can be a fuse problem as the 3rd setting works fine? Everything else works with the heater bar them 1st and 2nd setting..
Have any of you had this before? If so what could it be :).

The car is a 1996 punto 55s 3door

PS: If this has already been posted before, go easy on me.. I'm new :p

Last edited:
I have got the same problem going to get new resistor tomorrow so will let you know if that solves it.

I have got the same problem going to get new resistor tomorrow so will let you know if that solves it.

Thanks allot buddy :). Just wondering where could I buy a resistor from? And also how much :p.

i'm not sure where or how much.

before replacing it you could try cleaning the contacts on the current one as that's a possible cause but if that was the problem it would normally not work on any setting but as number 3 works i'm pretty sure it's the resistor.

Did it solve it mate? If so how much did you pay for it? And where did you get it from :).

i'm not sure where or how much.

before replacing it you could try cleaning the contacts on the current one as that's a possible cause but if that was the problem it would normally not work on any setting but as number 3 works i'm pretty sure it's the resistor.

I will try that once I find out where the damn thing is near my passengerside footwel!

Nevermind. £10 resistor from the scrappy sorted it! Now to sort out the exuast & the horrid fumes it pushes through the vent every now and again.

Back