Technical Problems with rear windshield wiper

Currently reading:
Technical Problems with rear windshield wiper

RazziaDK

The last couple of weeks, I have had some problems with the rear windshield wiper on my GP. When I spray it with washer fluid (is that the correct word?), the wiper stops the second I release the lever instead of going back and forth 3 times as it usually does.

The same problem problem exist when using the rear wiper without the fluid. When the switch is activated, the wiper goes back and forth forever, but the second I deactivate the switch, the wiper stops. Even if its on the middle of the window instead of going back to the "parked" position.

I suspected it was rust on the metal disc in the windshield wiper, that was causing a electrical outage. Today I disassembled the wiper, cleaned the disc, greased the moving parts and assembled it again. I tested it before mounting the wiper in hatchback without the wiper itself. It worked yay!

I mounted everything back in the car, put on the wiper and now it didn't work. The problem still exist.

I suspect it might be the wiper engine that is dying and doesn't have enough power to "overcome" the resistance when the wiper is traveling on the glass. Does that sound plausible?

Do you guys have any other idea about what the problem might be?

Back