Problem instaling touch screen monitor

Currently reading:
Problem instaling touch screen monitor

monkey dust

i recently bought a 7" motorised touchscreen cd dvd player from ebay and i am having trouble installing it as i have no idea of where to connect this to i have a mk 2 punto if this helps any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• SP_A0133.jpg
    SP_A0133.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
  • SP_A0131.jpg
    SP_A0131.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
That, what you have in your hand should connect straight into the original wires that came out of your old head unit. It is a standard car audio connector. Unplug them out of the rear of your old head unit, and then plug them straight into the connector in your hand an your there...

Hope that helps,
Alan

ok thats not the problem now the batt + wire has come lose and wont reatach on the connector at the small end does any one know where i can get a new one the small end on the new one must have must have square slots not round ones at the small end any help would be much appricated

I think i know what you mean... if you look on the +ve wire at the end that has come loose, there should be a male metal spade (albeit a small one). In the side of that, there is a very small flap of metal that sticks out to the side. If the wire gets caught or gets pulled back too hard, it can bend this flap the wrong way, disconnecting it from the rest of the block. Carefully bend it back so that it is at 45degress awat from the spade, and then it should clip back into the block. Be carefull not to snap the flap off though as it is fragile.
If that fails, your probably best off getting a new wireing loom from you HU manufacturer. They arent that expensive.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Doh (i've done it soo many times lol). probably the best place is from the manufacturer. What make is the headunit? Another thing you can do is glue the wire in the connecting block. Its not ideal but it works. Dont glue the bit that connects to the other block, but the back of it where the wires goes into first if that makes sense.

Alan

dont know who the manufacturer is doesnt say on the box i bought it on ebay so it could be any company in hong cong. any other ideas as where to get one from

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back