Please save this Integrale

Currently reading:
Please save this Integrale

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
"LANCIA DELTA FWD"

Advertised as 'FWD' thus it doesn't seem to be an Integrale, though it has an Integrale body kit on it. Also note that it is 'B' registered, which I'm fairly sure is before the Integrale was released (need someone like J333 EVO to confirm).

If this is the case then it is well overpriced at £2K, unless it really has had some good modifications done to it. I suspect it's actually a 1.6 Delta HF Turbo (as per the heading) with a 2.0 litre conversion. And a crank is not going to be cheap to sort out...

Edit: From Wiki (I know, not the most reliable of sources but it came up!)

"The Delta range was first introduced to the United Kingdom in 1980 and remained virtually unchanged until 1986, when small changes were made to the cars' body shape, the engines updated and the four-wheel drive model introduced."

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_Delta[/ame]

Looks like the Integrale wasn't released until 1986, therefore a 'B' plate (1984 - 1985) cannot be an Integrale unless it's had a plate change.

Last edited:
surely just fitting larger injectors, or even two smaller ones per cylinder would give better results?

The fifth injector only kicks in at high boost pressure when a richer fuel mixture is needed. At high/ modified boost the mixture risks becoming weak hence needing that extra injector, which works in addition to the four injectors already fitted. This is why it's fitted in the air intake part of the manifold rather than in the injector housings.

Last edited:
2k is extortionate especially considering the integrale is not the easiest car to maintain nor has it got a massive spare part scene, not like you see many of them piled high in the scrappies or in bits

I think its a delta as well, and that car is just as bad for second hand bits, proceed to purchase with caution

just went to have a look at the ad on ebay it has now been removed by ebay for some reason

surely just fitting larger injectors, or even two smaller ones per cylinder would give better results?

it's common on turbo conversions where the stock ECU is still in there, you run a second ECU to control the bonus injector. and as it says it is a turbo converted engine.. that makes sense

2k is extortionate especially considering the integrale is not the easiest car to maintain nor has it got a massive spare part scene, not like you see many of them piled high in the scrappies or in bits

I think its a delta as well, and that car is just as bad for second hand bits, proceed to purchase with caution

2k is nothing for an Integrale.... but as pointed out this doesn't seem to be one!

Back