Technical Ping momoe

Currently reading:
Technical Ping momoe

QinteQ

HiYa momoe,

.1. Potentiometer

It in fact measures Ohms resistance at any given voltage rather than voltage per-se. And yes of course it appears to be an ECU issue .. .. but that is to mislead ourselves because the ECU is the manifestation not he cause of the problem.

The best way to think of the cause / effect / solution is to 'look through the other end of the telescope'. The resistance which is the origin of cause :

- is a bog standard dirty connection
- in the chockky connector NSF footwell
- this causes a dramatic and sudden rise in Ohms resistance
- which is transmitted to the ECU, which in turn ;
- sends a 'limp' command to the [ limiter ]engine

So 'making good' that chokky connection has an instant miraculous effect down the line from potentiometer through chockky through ECU through limiter etc.

Its also of note that that's why this seems to be the answer to that impossible to answer question people often ask .. .. "it seems to happen when I go over a speedbump"

.2. older X reg fan blower heater problems [ might apply to younger models ?

Same / same issue here I've known loads of people who've ripped out and replaced all manner of resistors / motors / bushes etc and its turned out to be resistance in the 'other' one of the two chokkys under ther NSF footwell.

Cheers M8, I'm coming to the end of my nearly 5000 days of BUG use. I'm gonna have to go back to an AUTO and I'm currently looking for a 5/6/7/voyager which will be a wrench for me my BUG as of two days ago is now taxed tested and insured for a whole 52 weeks, it sailed through the test again as it always does with no need for work. Oh and I've got a whole spare BUG with a knackkered gearbox I've had parked up for two years in case I needed any bits .. .. I've never needed any bits other than a one wiper .. .. a waste of two good MOTA's.

All the best to you momoe, and to the whole group, its an invaluable resource and is testament to how a forum can be well run and lightly moderated to the benefit of its members (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's appreciated your wisdom.
Nearly 5000 days, you don't get that much for murder nowdays!

Not considered creating the first auto Bug? IIRC the Ulyssee had a diesel auto option although I don't think it was the same engine but I'm not certain.

Take care and don't forget you can still lurk, not having a Bug doesn't take away all that cumulative wisdom

Back