Photoshop Animated Gif

Currently reading:
Photoshop Animated Gif

I am going to be making an animated Giff for the link to the FF shop and cant for the life of me remember how to do it in CS3 as you dont need to use Adobe Bridge ant more can anybody enlighten me.
Thanks

Stu

What why not, are you still using 9 then like our poster making friends.

Nope....We're still using PS7....No point in upgrading to CS....Uses more RAM and doesn't really do anything new that we would benefit from....The benefits wouldn't outweigh the cost of upgrading everyone....:D

Nope....We're still using PS7....No point in upgrading to CS....Uses more RAM and doesn't really do anything new that we would benefit from....The benefits wouldn't outweigh the cost of upgrading everyone....:D

That is true for many people i spose but as Graphic designers we need to keep up with all the new features and use them.
Have you ever animated before as i have done the main body and have my animation layers but if i change something in one layer it changes them in all of them too :bang:

Haven't done a gif for a while I must admit....

From memory, using the Image Ready method, I think you make all the layers invisible and then turn on the first layer and then jump into Image Ready and make this your first frame, then back into PS, turn on next layer, go back into IR and make that your second frame etc....

Can't really remember without actually doing it sorry!....:confused:

Haven't done a gif for a while I must admit....

From memory, using the Image Ready method, I think you make all the layers invisible and then turn on the first layer and then jump into Image Ready and make this your first frame, then back into PS, turn on next layer, go back into IR and make that your second frame etc....

Can't really remember without actually doing it sorry!....:confused:

No that is correct for using IR but im doing it all in Photoshop, i think that you have to have all elements on all layers and as you say just make the parts that you dont want on each layer invisible.
Also i now have a big mess of layers that i need to sort through now LOL

Name your layers! ;):D

Yeah it was one of those i wasn't expecting so many layers now i have a big mess situation LOL. It wasn't that bad really TBH only took like 2 minutes and i am a pro at working out which is which layer for some things at work we end up with Hundreds of layers and one of my boss's is a total messy git and dont organise, name or give any info to his layers and it is a complete pain in the rear to pick up his jobs.

Back