Panda LED HELP!!

Currently reading:
Panda LED HELP!!

cwmitch

Hi all I'm not sure if anyone can help my Panda 100HP
is completely standard ie factory security and I wanted
to fit a flashing LED as a visual deterrent. Has it been done
can it be done any help or advice please.

Cheers Colin..

Cheers for that Trev.(y) Its more advice on whether
anyone has fitted one and if so where they wired it to live
earth ect.

Cheers Colin..

I wanted
to fit a flashing LED as a visual deterrent. Has it been done
can it be done any help or advice please.

Cheers Colin..

I fitted one on my previous wife's car, a Seicento, I wired it to the oil warning light switch, that way it goes out when you turn the ignition key/driving along. If you are trying to find out which wire to connect it to be careful, you could trip the airbag warning light etc if say you removed the clocks/connectors while checking with a meter for a live feed.

I'm guessing this is the sort of advice you were after?

I'm not sure about these modern cars like Panda's etc that have this CAN BUS system, it's new to me, I'm not sure what/if you can get away with.

I fitted one on my previous wife's car, a Seicento, I wired it to the oil warning light switch, that way it goes out when you turn the ignition key/driving along. If you are trying to find out which wire to connect it to be careful, you could trip the airbag warning light etc if say you removed the clocks/connectors while checking with a meter for a live feed.

I'm guessing this is the sort of advice you were after?

I'm not sure about these modern cars like Panda's etc that have this CAN BUS system, it's new to me, I'm not sure what/if you can get away with.

Simple go to ignition barrel test for 12v connect red wire to that then check for ign wire 12v with ign on connect other wire to this

Simplzzzz

Cheers for that Trev.(y) Its more advice on whether
anyone has fitted one and if so where they wired it to live
earth ect.

Cheers Colin..
I had a choice at my local car shop.
normal or superbrite (yes spelt brite like that for some reason)
And it's amazing. Works brilliantly. can see it flashing from a while back. And I wired it up the same way TOAD_INSTALLER mentioned

Good to hear that works ok even on a car running a CAN BUS system.

Ops, just seen that the car you have is a 1998 Punto, that's a 'normal' wired car.

Anyone know exactly what you can & can't get away when adding things on a CAN BUS wiring system?
I've seen stuff on the web about having to add an interface for some sat navs for example.

Last edited:
Back