General panda 750 fire problem

Currently reading:
General panda 750 fire problem

panda_owner

I have panda 750 fire (1987). in the normal drive (up the hill or in city traffic) car goes pretty well. but when I stop the car at the traffic light the engine stops after 1-2 seconds. sometimes, if I try to start it again it hardly starts only with 1 or 2 cylindars even if i press gas pedal to the floor and pull choke. then it starts to work normally but it wuld stop if I don't give some gas from time to time (about every 2 seconds). I went to car service, but I only stend money and didn't do nothing!
I replaced spark plugs, carburetor has been cleaned in acid and cheched almost everything that crossed my mind. the spark cables seem to be fine, and the spark is OK.
PLEASE if anyone knows what could be the reason of my trouble, let me know. thank you.

I´ve had a similiar problem recently, and solved it:D.

Here´s my guesses:
-idle adjustment(located on the throttle linkage)
-idle mixture
-distribuitor cap
-ignition module
-vacuum advance unit(locate on distribuitor)
-ignition timming(confirm it´s correct)

without more details it will be hard to help

here´s a pic of the carb(courtesy of DevilRoad)

weber32tlf.jpg

This isn´t mine it belongs/hosted by DevilRoad it can be found in the manual like lot´s of others. I have a few but they aren´t online. I´ll try to upload them:D

try downloading this manual, it´s for the uno but does cover the 999cc fire which is similiar to the 750 and it has lots of diagrams:D.

http://rack6.free.evro.net/capo/Fiat%20Hayes%20manuals/FIAT%20Uno%20-%20Haynes%20manual.pdf

Did you check the points' gap?It could be a good hint...;)

<--Ihihih!

the problem is that there is no spark! not even from the main output from the inductance coil. I've measured the resistance in the coil: primary about 0.5 ohm, secundar to primar about 10 kohm... does any of you know is that OK?

Check if there is voltage going ito the coil and coming out of the coil. I don´t know the right resistance and not knowing how you measured it i can´t verify it on mine:(.

Back