General Panda 4x4 Tyre Query

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 Tyre Query

My 185/65R14 86T Vredestein Quatrac 3's have now done about 30,000 miles & need replacing. Brilliant tyres & served me well over two winters. Originally bought & fitted at Supertyres in Welwyn Garden City - This store has now closed down. Does anyone know of another tyre fitter in Hertfordshire that stocks & fits them?

Sadly not... But I have now fitted four Kleber Quadtraxer all season M&S tyres as a replacement and they seem pretty good. My Vredesteins only manged 18k miles before wearing to the point I felt they needed changing (3mm or less). Klebers came from STS Tyre Pros in Stevenage High Street. They had 8 in stock in the right size a couple of weeks back (4 now of course) so maybe worth a try? Seem queiter and car seems faster (so less resistance maybe?) Grip in all this recent rain has been great, and they coped with a bit of off road byway near Whitwell when very muddy too.
Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for coming back about tyres. I too tried STS Tyre Pros, but in Letchworth & they suggested the Kleber's. I did a bit of research & was put off by the Auto Bild All Season Tyre test that said they weren't so good in the wet. As I like the Vredesteins so much I persevered & have now located another Letchworth dealer "Just Tyres" who can order & fit them for me. Will report costs in a week or so's time when I've had them fitted.

So if I order some Quatrac 3's now on back order I should get them in time for November shouldn't I? How long are people waiting for them?

Back