General Panda (2005)

Currently reading:
General Panda (2005)

barbar2013

On the brake master cylinder, my Panda (2005) has 4 hydraulic connecting pipes. Two of the pipes are connected directly to the master cylinder as usual, while the other 2 pipes has a 50mm adaptor which is fitted to the master cylinder and then the 2 pipes are connected to this adaptor.
Can anyone tell me the use of this adaptor. I'm assuming its some kind of valve.
Thanks

Most likely to be pressure reducing valves on the pipes connecting to the rear wheel brakes to improve vehicle stability under heavy braking.

there a few different systems

with ABS and without
with ESP and without
With robotized gearbox and without

are all different, there might be more ?

I would guess yours is without ABS and they are the rear proportioning valves

however without some photos and more information its a wild guess.

http://4cardata.info/elearn/169/2/2009000/2000901/2001394/2752736

Last edited:
My Panda has no ABS. Now I'm quite sure they are valves. One of them is leaking oil. I assume it cannot be repaired. Can these valves be bought easily from a spare part shop. What is the technical word of these valves.

These are well hidden in the Fiat parts listings, but appear to come as a pair, under the Fiat part number 77362727.

If you have a Fiat dealer, you may be able to order a kit from them.

Be careful when searching the net. I did a quick search, and there are many listings showing a picture of a rear mounted pressure proportioning valve, which is not what you want. So beware of listings with no picture.

Found a Bosch cross-reference, seems to be Bosch 0 204 131 714, but again, be careful as there are listings without pics, and again some of a rear valve. It appears that aftermarket cross-referencing has made a mess of this, and is perpetuated across many suppliers.

Found this listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1909497925?iid=324463152585

Expensive little things, although that should be for the two.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
comes under several names

such as

rear brake proportioning valve
rear brake bias valve
rear brake compensating valve

Rare here in the UK where even when it was an option on the early actives most people opted to upgrade to ABS

Probably easier to find in other countries ?

i tried to buy 2 of these Brake power regulators for my Panda, but I could not find. I went to a scrapyard and I found 2 fitted on a Fiat Punto. From the outside the are similar to those of the Panda. They look in good condition.
What I would like to know maybe someone knows if the are compatible to the Panda.
Thanks

i tried to buy 2 of these Brake power regulators for my Panda, but I could not find. I went to a scrapyard and I found 2 fitted on a Fiat Punto. From the outside the are similar to those of the Panda. They look in good condition.
What I would like to know maybe someone knows if the are compatible to the Panda.
Thanks

unfortunately PV430 bosch brake power regulator only seems to be for the Panda

Back