Technical Overheating and Water Leakage

Currently reading:
Technical Overheating and Water Leakage

@hotdog333 wrote (https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/130tc-right-hand-clutch-cable.491857/post-4627522)

I am in urgent need of advise/guidance on my son's 2008 Fiat Strada Adventure. The vehicle kept overheating however on closer inspection I found that the heater was leaking. I decided as a temporary measure to block up the heater fan hoses leading into the firewall to inside. It went well for a day. Suddenly another leakage appeared inside the cockpit with radiator fluid. Forgive my ignorance but from where can that leakage come from if I blocked the heater hoses. Is it coming from the A/C???

Best thing to do is take both hoses off the bulkhead and connect them together so the water
can continue to circulate, this takes the heater matrix out of the circuit but allows water
to circulate back to the engine.

Best thing to do is take both hoses off the bulkhead and connect them together so the water
can continue to circulate, this takes the heater matrix out of the circuit but allows water
to circulate back to the engine.
Absolutely. The continued leakage could be trapped water so the heater matrix has to be:

A) Completely drained
B) Input / Output hoses to heater matrix linked together

This done then the heater matrix etc. is totally removed from the overall cooling loop and one can the precede from there.

More modern cars seem to run fluid through the matrix all the time to increase capacity so by blocking the pipes it stops any flow through the engine altogether until the thermostat is open. I would connect the out pipe from the engine to the input so water flows.

Tim

@hotdog333 wrote (https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/130tc-right-hand-clutch-cable.491857/post-4627522)

I am in urgent need of advise/guidance on my son's 2008 Fiat Strada Adventure. The vehicle kept overheating however on closer inspection I found that the heater was leaking. I decided as a temporary measure to block up the heater fan hoses leading into the firewall to inside. It went well for a day. Suddenly another leakage appeared inside the cockpit with radiator fluid. Forgive my ignorance but from where can that leakage come from if I blocked the heater hoses. Is it coming from the A/C???
Thanks . I actually took the two hoses and I connected them together however what confuses me is that it still leaks antifreeze into the cockpit.

More modern cars seem to run fluid through the matrix all the time to increase capacity so by blocking the pipes it stops any flow through the engine altogether until the thermostat is open. I would connect the out pipe from the engine to the input so water flows.

Tim
Thanks . I actually took the two hoses and I connected them together however what confuses me is that it still leaks antifreeze into the cockpit.
Absolutely. The continued leakage could be trapped water so the heater matrix has to be:

A) Completely drained
B) Input / Output hoses to heater matrix linked together

This done then the heater matrix etc. is totally removed from the overall cooling loop and one can the precede from there.

Well the heater matrix is buried deep in the overall enclosures. You could have pooled water in there as well as residue in the matrix.

Thank You for your response. Much
Well the heater matrix is buried deep in the overall enclosures. You could have pooled water in there as well as residue in the matrix.
appreciated. Forgive my ignorance but what is "the matrix"

Back