OUCH!!!

Currently reading:
OUCH!!!

A

Anonymous

my bonnet just decided to close right on my head............. painful....
the plactic bit that the rod is held onto the car with snapped...

is it easy to replace? or for the price am i better off with bonnet lifters?

Definitely the bonnet lifters!

it's fiddly as feck getting the plastic bits out. I've had 2 bravo's. on both the base of the bonnet stand has snapped. I replaced the first i think, ans on my 2nd just smoothed it over with a bit of chemical metal, and fitted bonnet lifters, lol.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4, and owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

used the search but doesn't seem to filter out what i want....

what bonnet lifters fit?

Astra? and i think i remember some golf ones too?

what mark?

Ive just ordered some from supernovas, they are designed for a Corsa B, if you type Corsa Bonnet Lifters in there is one thread with pics, that has all the info you need on.

Mite were about £17 I think.

cant get the search to come up with it - it doesnt filter ANY topics out at all for some reason, ill take your words for it though and if anyone else knows others that fit ;)

You mean my old thread :)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/15639/thread/1144176337/last-1144227282/Bonnet+Lifters+%2A%2ANow+With+Pics%2A%2A
try this ^^^

callingcard.jpg

Members Page

i ordered the corsa b lifters and they didnt fit my brava so beware :0)2 of the bolts are the wrong thread

Bravo and Brava are exactly the same so they will fit.

I have fitted them myself and guided 2 others to fit them too.

What seems to be the problem??

If your talking about the wide threads that look like wood screw type thread, then they go into the wing and go in with out a problem.

callingcard.jpg

Members Page

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

I have just fitted the Corsa B lifters, they fit fine, as Stu said if you put the coarse thread into the wing it screws and tightens up fine.

I have to confess I did exactly the same as you, but after speaking to Stu R he confirmed that they do fit...just go for it, you will be well pleased with the result!

Mine still catch a little bit on the wings but apart from that they are spot on!! :)

the thicker of the threads didnt go into the wing and the bolt snapped after about 1 and a half turns ill put a pic up to show you if i could but aint got the car at the moment the car has one lifter fited which used up both of the closer together threads so i dont know why they dont fit if everyon elses fit correctly and they are the same from supernovas for corsa b

I would ring Supernova's up and tell them that the small threaded bolts have snapped and get them to send you some more, then u will have 4 fine-thread bolts