Styling Ouch!!!

Currently reading:
Styling Ouch!!!

Ha, I had a look at the dry ice trick, was quite taken by it until he said that the dent pops back when you take the car back out in the sun! What good is that, unless you were going to move to Iceland anyway.

Because of the write off thing I settled with him for cash, £250. Not enough I know but I didn't want the hassle of going through the insurance, plus I was in a position to buy another Panda with a good door at the time for £56, which I have done. I don't think I'll use the door from it after all though as there is a small rust patch starting in the front corner. Will probably get mine re-skinned, unless something else comes up in the mean time.

Then I've got to paint all the stripes again! :bang:

Last edited:
Nasty, atleast it's not had to go through insurance though, and it could be worse. Atleast it hasn't done the 'B' pillar also :( (n)

DSC07888.JPG

I remember the day that we lost this Mint rust free door. Blessing in discuise that 2 months later when insurance is still fafing about with to fix it or write it off this happened................

Photo0661.jpg

So it got written off twice by two insurance companys resulting in £1400 for a £750 Panda :)

So got the mintest one we could and still managed to get the wreck back for stripping of bits (even though it was a CAT A). :devil:

I always try to find a silver lining, a key pholosophy with Panda'ing ;) :p

Last edited:
Nice one! Makes mine look like a scratch!

The Panda I bought for £56 turned out to be too good to break so will probably put it on the road. One more Panda on the road, now that's got to be a silver lining, hasn't it?

You've reminded me of my first ever Panda. It was seventeen years ago! My employer gave me £1000 budget to buy myself a company car and I picked up this lovely MK1 with 32000 on the clock for £800 as a trade sale.

Four months later I rolled it 360' ( not racing ). The drivers door was the only panel with rust in it and the only panel that didn't get dented. My son and I stepped out with no injuries at all, so hats off to Pandas for that!

Obviously it was a write off, but the insurance paid out £1600 for it! Now that too was a silver lining. :D

A lot of people say to me you'll be dead if you roll it.

well i dont intend to roll it for starts and i argue its so light it isn't heavy enough to severly crush itself:d

You're dead right with that argument, the roof didn't cave at all. The windscreen cracked but all the other windows were fine. The back of my seat snapped, leaving me laying down when we came to rest, but that was about all there was to add to the panel damage.

As rolls go it was quite a nice one, it did confirm that adrenalin is brown though, so I wouldn't want to do it again, in any vehicle!

Back