Technical oscillating noise according to vehicle speed ?

Currently reading:
Technical oscillating noise according to vehicle speed ?

hi i have a fiat bravo tjet 150 sport 2007 and a few days ago I could slightly hear this noise around 30mph sounded like a humming that oscillates in pitch and volume in accordance with the speed of the car so going to jack it up tonight and have a feel of all the wheels , what should I look out for ? wheel bearing ? stepping on tyre ? warp on disc ? if anyone with any experience or that has had this issue could help would be much appreciated thankyou

hi i have a fiat bravo tjet 150 sport 2007 and a few days ago I could slightly hear this noise around 30mph sounded like a humming that oscillates in pitch and volume in accordance with the speed of the car so going to jack it up tonight and have a feel of all the wheels , what should I look out for ? wheel bearing ? stepping on tyre ? warp on disc ? if anyone with any experience or that has had this issue could help would be much appreciated thankyou
Wheel bearings tend to get worse with road speed, I sometimes pop it into neutral to hear if from the wheels rather than transmission, if the noise changes by gently loading the steering wheel left or right then points toward a front wheel bearing. Don't weave to much or the police may stop you;)
Not likely but I have heard a drumming in some cars from rear windows down a bit but probably when going a bit faster.

Wheel bearings tend to get worse with road speed, I sometimes pop it into neutral to hear if from the wheels rather than transmission, if the noise changes by gently loading the steering wheel left or right then points toward a front wheel bearing. Don't weave to much or the police may stop you;)
Not likely but I have heard a drumming in some cars from rear windows down a bit but probably when going a bit faster.
it stops after around 40mph , I have jacked the car up and it sounds horrible however there is no play or feel through the spring /shock . the noise is same with clutch In or out . I felt the back of the disc and feels horrible , what feels like corrosion on the outer quarter edge so going to fit new discs and pads and new pad clips and clean and regrease sliding pins to see if anything changes

it stops after around 40mph , I have jacked the car up and it sounds horrible however there is no play or feel through the spring /shock . the noise is same with clutch In or out . I felt the back of the disc and feels horrible , what feels like corrosion on the outer quarter edge so going to fit new discs and pads and new pad clips and clean and regrease sliding pins to see if anything changes
So could be pads worn out scouring the brake discs, obviously fit both sides the same but if it is just one side then it has to have worn away early due to a sticking brake caliper/piston or the sliders. Sometimes the dust covers around the pistons split allowing water in so they rust and seize.

So could be pads worn out scouring the brake discs, obviously fit both sides the same but if it is just one side then it has to have worn away early due to a sticking brake caliper/piston or the sliders. Sometimes the dust covers around the pistons split allowing water in so they rust and seize.
yes the only thing that confuses me is that the pads are on around 10mm and it is a slide caliper so I'm lost on how the outside facing side of the disc is fine yet the engine facing sides are poor ? very confusing but well see how it effects it

hi i have a fiat bravo tjet 150 sport 2007 and a few days ago I could slightly hear this noise around 30mph sounded like a humming that oscillates in pitch and volume in accordance with the speed of the car so going to jack it up tonight and have a feel of all the wheels , what should I look out for ? wheel bearing ? stepping on tyre ? warp on disc ? if anyone with any experience or that has had this issue could help would be much appreciated thank
did a short journey tonight to try get a further idea , at this point I'm absolutely certain it's warp on the disc , the problem took around 10 to 15 minutes to develop which I assume as the time it takes for the disc to heat and expand enough for the problem to arise , its also slightly more evident when on the brakes with a slight pulsing in the pedal however the noise is only slight .

did a short journey tonight to try get a further idea , at this point I'm absolutely certain it's warp on the disc , the problem took around 10 to 15 minutes to develop which I assume as the time it takes for the disc to heat and expand enough for the problem to arise , its also slightly more evident when on the brakes with a slight pulsing in the pedal however the noise is only slight .
Those symptoms could well be a worn pads and discs. It is not unusual for the inside pad only to wear lower due to sticking sliders or pistons.
All you can do is inspect and go from there.:)

Back