General Ordered my Qubo

Currently reading:
General Ordered my Qubo

calvjones

Despite some concern over whether MJ2 installation would bite me later in the year (dealer had heard nothing...), I ordered my new Qubo today... Dynamic 1.3 w dualogic & ESP in Funky Orange (ulp)

Looking forward to it. Dealer JJ Motors gave me £1800 off list, plus a decent p/x on the Panda. Family liked the ride very much in the back, in contrast to other cars I've tried and owned.

4-6 weeks delivery... better buy some shades:eek:

Dualogic should be fun. Orange looks great; why not make a statement!

I have a Doblo that runs just fine and I love. I keep wondering whether to change it, but the costs just don't make sense right now. Trading up from a Panda makes great sense though (y)

Keep us posted. Lovely car by the way.

Don't worry, I'll be here with a full review once I've got a few miles under my belt.

The Panda has fully trained me out of the hooliganism of my Tipo 16v / Uno Turbo / 'Sud Ti days so I'm not expecting the lethargy to annoy me!

Woo Hoo another orange owner :slayer:

I loved the orange hence buying it and if anyone crashes into you they cant claim they didnt see you lol...

Welcome to the world of Qubo
:devil:

I have got a good deal with Arnold Clarke for the 1.3 in Disco Green! Delivery end of May.
My Doblo has served me well over 5 years, other than servicing and MoT, I have only bought two tyres. I hope that the Qubo will be good on mpg, my Doblo has recently been consistently running at 60mpg according to the computer.

Last edited:
I have got a good deal with Arnold Clarke for the 1.3 in Disco Green! Delivery end of May.
My Doblo has served me well over 5 years, other than servicing and MoT, I have only bought two tyres. I hope that the Qubo will be good on mpg, my Doblo has recently been consistently running at 60mpg according to the computer.

Hmm! Our old Doblo's computer was generally very optimistic - if it said 52mpg, I knew it was actually returning 45mpg when calculated brim-to-brim. The best rule of thumb was, when the orange light came on, ten gallons were gone, so divide the mileage at that point by ten.
Our Qubo's computer seems much more reliable - it said 51.4 and it was actually 50.2mpg, on its first tank - not bad, I thought.

Brom

You are right, top up to top up gives around 55mpg. I think that it is helping with the speed restriction on the M1. I am a little concerned that the Qubo might not be so economical.

Hope you are happy with the car when it arrives and that it arrives quickly. I ordered one last week but it will take 8 to 12 weeks to arrive :cry: (Qubo Multijet Active with non-metallic paint). Maybe it would have been quicker if I had not wanted the base model with no extras? I had wanted a dualogic, but living 120 miles from the nearest dealer, I thought it was a technological step too far!

Hope you are happy with the car when it arrives and that it arrives quickly. I ordered one last week but it will take 8 to 12 weeks to arrive :cry: (Qubo Multijet Active with non-metallic paint). Maybe it would have been quicker if I had not wanted the base model with no extras? I had wanted a dualogic, but living 120 miles from the nearest dealer, I thought it was a technological step too far!

I've had a dualogic Panda for 2yrs with no problems, hence me re-ordering on the Qubo

Enjoy yours... when it arrives!

Just last weekend ordered a Qubo Dynamic for my wife, Ordered it in Black with black tinted windows for the "undertaker" look ;). Delivery date quoted was start of June though! Very much looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Jon.

my mum ordered a 1.3mj dynamic is disco green, start of april and has been told early june for delivery at least you know its new built not sat around as she chose full size spare, alarm and rever sensors, and they gave her a good px for an 07 g.punto

Well, its arrived. Picked up from J&J Cross Hands, with no problems except a manky rear badge (now on order). First impressions after 100 miles:

1. Slow? Well, I guess so - about the same as my 1.2 Panda really, feels better than the figures suggest, but the frontal area really tells at 75mph+. On A & B road punting its absolutely fine, but you'd certainly need care in overtaking compared to faster cars.
Loaded with wife + boy + shopping... Fast enough for me? Yep.

2. Consumption - Declared 48mpg on motorway at 70mph & bit more on A-roads. Still quite tight at 0 miles of course so should improve!

3. Ride & Handling - Really good. Steering surprisingly meaty & pleasant; changes direction much better than I expected (I have ESP just in case(y)). Actually a bit nicer to drive than the Panda. Ride is good for what it is, loaded or unloaded, and my 3 yr old declares the back .very comfy'. Certainly better than the A-Class & Octavia I tried. Short wheelbase makes it a bit 'hoppy' over uneven ground at high speed but not at all jiggly.

4. Interior - functional, ergonomic, reasonable quality. Love the rubber floor & removable seatcovers. I wish the cubbys had no slip interiors (rather than flat plastic that is treated to look non-slip - WTF?). Interior massive for footprint, boot good. Oddment space, cupholders etc not brilliantly useful. Agree with reviews could really do with overhead lockers. Boot floor is just sheet of metal, so nowhere to put warning triangle, first aid kit etc.

5. Blue & Me - Worked first time out of the box with the iPhone, very impressed. Stereo quality not fantastic, but I had the sub-woofer on the Panda in a much smaller space, so was spoilt.

6. Exterior - Its orange.:slayer:

Summary: Honest John said something like 'a great small family car for small families'.

Couldn't agree more!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Very very sensible and fair commentary. Congratulations.

I agree with all you have said, except that as I haven't driven it I can only speculate on the performance, and you substantiate my assumptions.

ESP is a great idea; peace of mind (y)

This is a very underrated car.

Back