General Old timer back to say hi and bye

Currently reading:
General Old timer back to say hi and bye

Hi guys was active on here until about 2007, my HGT developed an immobiliser issue after a rebuild, new belts, reconditioned gearbox. Sadly it sat and sat after I got an Audi A4 Avant for my daily runabout. Money and practicality with my job meant it sat parked up for the last 7+ years. Sadly I don't have the space for it and don't have the time to fix it and use it as a track car.

Am going to break it and would like parts to go to good homes. I'll put some recent images up over the weekend, below is a pic of it in it's better days.

Has cat back stainless exhaust system from Meerkat Exhausts Kilbirnie, custom made to keep a bit of back pressure as at the time that was found to be important.

Let me know quickly if anyone is interested in anything and I can get pictures.

Have a few accessories over and above original spec:
Marea armrest, console, couple of sets of Marea lights, wind defloectors, 2 sets of HGT alloys, clear indicators

As I said let me know asap if anyone interested.

Yea would be willing to sell whole to someone for a project, it starts and runs, obviously no tax, mot etc for last 7 years. Immobiliser means it only starts if you disconnect then reconnect battery, if I recall it can be decoded as per a thread here back in the day.

Paint work is a but buggered, so would really need a respray, plus immobiliser and I have a family now so need 5 doors and a big boot.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436131901.864614.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436132027.780151.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436132103.304690.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436132162.964203.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436132467.058532.jpg

A few pics

Let me know what your after and I can get it taken off, get some pics etc. Fabric heated seats so no leather headrests.

Have wind deflectors, headlight covers, few other accessories, badges all still on.

Have video of engine running too?, can cycle through gearbox if anyone was interested too. Reconditioned box.

Last edited:
Back