Technical Oil leak on both drive shafts!

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leak on both drive shafts!

L33 HCX

Hiya Folks.

Recently bought a 2001 Bravo 1.2sx as a replacement for exactly the same, which unfortunately got written off.

Noticed straight away is was dropping a small amount of oil and on inspection noticed it was the drive shafts. So replaced both seals, at the same time noticing some one had butchered the transmission, so its obviously been changed by a novice at some point, rounded bolts everywhere, some even missing and nice big pry marks all over it.

So unfortunately the new seals haven't worked and there leaking again!

Anybody any idea what else it could be?

Thanks

Lee H

where is it leaking from outer part of seal or inner if outer may be damage to box where it was taken out try putting sealant around as you put in new seal if inner ,could be wear around shaft ,did you go for after market sealsor genuine as some after market do not seal

Hiya Folks.

The replacement seals I used were genuine FIAT ones and as of yet I havent managed to locate whether the leaks is coming from the outside or iside of the seal.

Its deffiantely transmission fluid and its evident as its gathering to a drip on the underside of both drive shaft knuckles.
Made even worse by the fact it runs off onto the manifold and causes a horrible burnt oil smell.

Just seems strange to me thats its both sides!!
What would I be looking for the shaft ends, that would indicate it was that cuasing the leak?
Could the shafts not be in far or tight enough, if thats possible??

Thanks

Back