Cinquecento Oh dear..

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Oh dear..

whats so wrong with it?
looks like fun to me. get some wind deflectors, little but of lowering and fit a barbecue to the back and it would be awesome in the summer. as long as the insurance is happy with it and everything is declared ,whats the problem? :)

maybe I have spent too much time in the panda section. :nutter: :D

whats so wrong with it?
looks like fun to me. get some wind deflectors, little but of lowering and fit a barbecue to the back and it would be awesome in the summer. as long as the insurance is happy with it and everything is declared ,whats the problem? :)

maybe I have spent too much time in the panda section. :nutter: :D

I guess it'd be like if you saw a perfectly good panda made into a pick up, although cinqs aren't quite as rare as pandas yet.. :rolleyes:

So many bad conversions have been done, and I assume this one is the same. Although part of me does want it!!

seen panda pickups done many times. even seen a panda made into a limo on tv. (y)

its just nice to see what can be done to a car even with todays rules and regulation when you have some fabricating skill and a bit of imagination.
another 20 years and large body changes like this will probably be illegal to do to a production car.

gotta build something mad like this one day :)

There are always going to be more Cinqs out there than people willing to put the effort into keeping them healthy.

But what gets me is that no one does it properly: the bed needs to be extended to make it useful, and the (former) hatch needs to hinge down to make it loadeable without rupturing yourself. It's not rocket science (unless Werner Von Braun had a summer job with Austin), but...........

There are always going to be more Cinqs out there than people willing to put the effort into keeping them healthy.

But what gets me is that no one does it properly: the bed needs to be extended to make it useful, and the (former) hatch needs to hinge down to make it loadeable without rupturing yourself. It's not rocket science (unless Werner Von Braun had a summer job with Austin), but...........

I have been saying exactly this about all the 'pick-up' cento's i see. They just look stupid and out of proportion to me.

It reminds me of one of those strange trucks featured in Wheeler Dealers Trading Up, the one where Mike went to Sweden. They convert cars and trucks so they are legal for 15 year olds to drive, two seats max and a restricted top speed (by blocking off all the gears above second if I recall correctly).

Last edited:
Back