General O/S wing mirror has come loose fron the manual control arm

Currently reading:
General O/S wing mirror has come loose fron the manual control arm

dx90

O/S wing mirror has come loose from the manual control arm inside the car.

How is the mirror connected to the arm?

How do I take the mirror off to repair or replace?

Thanks

Found out that there are 3 screws securing the inner plate to the outer plate with the mirror on.

The inner triangle of material connects through the door to the outside assembly (including static mirror). The whole outer assembly pivots at some point on the outer half - is this what has come loose on yours?

Removing the 3 Phillips screws (while supporting the outer part through the opened window to prevent 7-years of bad luck :D) will allow you to carefully extract the outer half away from the car. The outer triangular part tucks under the window rubber on the nearest edge. You need to slightly remove and then
rotate the mirror assembly to get the manual control handle to thread out of the gaiter without damaging it (too late for mine as someone has already split it :mad:)

Can you see any breakage inside the outer part?

The inner triangle of material connects through the door to the outside assembly (including static mirror). The whole outer assembly pivots at some point on the outer half - is this what has come loose on yours?

Removing the 3 Phillips screws (while supporting the outer part through the opened window to prevent 7-years of bad luck :D) will allow you to carefully extract the outer half away from the car. The outer triangular part tucks under the window rubber on the nearest edge. You need to slightly remove and then
rotate the mirror assembly to get the manual control handle to thread out of the gaiter without damaging it (too late for mine as someone has already split it :mad:)

Can you see any breakage inside the outer part?

Thanks for the info Jamie. (y)
Followed your instructions and the mirror is now fixed. After taking it off the car I pulled the outside rubber back from the mirror end and found the pivoting point knuckle with a spring inside and a bolt that tightens down onto the spring. The bolt over time had come undone. Using a 10mm open ended spanner I tightened the bolt up as tight as it would go and that fixed the problem, all sorted. (y)

Both rubbers inside on my sons Seicento has split. Wonder if they do new replacement rubbers for them.

Last edited:
Back