not starting with out powerboost valve

Currently reading:
not starting with out powerboost valve

S

stevie

Hi all. I bought a bravo a year a go and it came with a powerboost valve on it. I desided to bin the boostvalve as i feel they a a waste of money and time. How ever, i took the valve off and my car wouldn't start. It started as soon as i put the boost valve back on which suggested a lack of fuel flow. I then removed it again and unplugged the ecu over night to try and reset it but still the car won't fire up.

The car has been off road to be broken for spares since xmas but i decided to buy the bits back i sold as i missed my bravo too much. The only thing i didn't buy back was the powerboost valve. The car is back together now and is looking better than before but it wont start because there is no powerboost valve. I had a mobile car tuning ferm out and they were bamboozled as to why it needed a boostvalve to make it go..

Has any one got any suggestions on what it could be and how to get it going with out having to spend £80 on a stupid powerboost valve?

Thanks everyone

P.S The car is superchipped and i wondered if it would need remapping or something like that to get it going.

May ba stupid Q, but does any fuel come to the engine when the valve is off ?, and did you check the fuel pump pressure and the fuel line cut off switch ?

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site