No start!!

Currently reading:
No start!!

M

Matt

I all, I brought a 2000 Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v Trofeo in July and ever since buying it I've had what appears to be the common idle problem. Firstly the car would idle at around 2000rpm for about 10mins then drop to normal. This was only when the car hadn't been run for a while. A clean of the throttle body somewhat did the trick but lately It's been revving to 3500-4000rpm when stationary and then losing all revs and stalling. Now when i start the car it fires up but theres no revs at all! I've managed to drive it for about 15 mins but doesn't seem to make a difference and now the Injection warning light keeps flashing on. I've tried to find answers but keep going round in circles, any ideas anyone?

Cheers

1)Try replacing the TPS(throttle position sensor),it's on top of the inlet a black plug with 2 screws.OR
2) could be faulty lambda sensor OR
3) Faulty maf

As a temp fix move the clip on the throttle cable up 3 notches till it idles

They might not be correct but worth a try

Cheers for the reply. I've managed to get the car to idle at a pretty steady 750-800rpm with no erratic jumps, although it is a little jerky. I've cleaned the throttle body and reset the ecu but it still wont start properly and as i say is a little jerky on tickover. Im going to get a price for the TPS tomo. Also i may be wrong but from what i've read the only Bravo's to have a MAF are the HGT and diesel. Im wondering if it could be a faulty injector?

Also going to get the lambda sensor priced for changing :)

Sounds like the ICV (idle control valve), it's a common issues on the 1.2 if you get a replacement one don't go to Fiat as they are VERY expensive to buy.

You're right about the MAF though, the 1.2 doesn't have one.

Wernt sure if it did or not,my bad.

The icv,ain't that the same thing as the tps?

Thanks for the replies, I've done 50miles since resetting the ecu and cleaning the throttle body and it's playing up again! Lambda and ICV gonna get changed and see where we go from there.

Thanks again

Does it stall at junctions?

Common problem for that is the Lamba Sensor