Night watch with steve scott

Currently reading:
Night watch with steve scott

Because I work shifts I quite often watch it but last night was unusual because of the military content. It's amazing how many people crash their cars by doing really stupid things over and over again.
Here's an example: Not on the TV but at Manchester Airport. A driver comes to drop off his friend for a flight. There are double yellow lines on the kerb and signs saying No Waiting at Any Time. The driver drops off his passenger and decides to go with him into the building. Anyone remember Glasgow Airport? In 5 minutes a Traffic Warden gives the car a ticket. He gets a tannoy message put out for the driver to return. No response. 5 minutes later another tannoy. No response. Counter Terrorist Patrol arrive to check for I.E.D.s under the vehicle. Security arrive to swab the vehicle for explosives and accelerants. After 30 minutes the driver returns and is confronted with 4 Cops, 2 of whom are armed. The driver ignores them and goes to take the ticket off the screen. Called back by Cop No.1. Comes back speaking on his phone. Cop No.2 takes phone out of his hand. Driver lights cigarette. Cop No.2 takes that out of his hand as well. Driver tries to light another fag. Cop No. 1 asks the dreaded question. "Have you been drinking?" "No." "Are you telling me the truth?" "Well just the one." Everybody stands around waiting for the Breath Kit to arrive. It does. Driver blows. 51. Legal limit is 35. Oops. Driver arrested and taken to the Nick. Inspector gives permission for the car to be taken away. There wasn't a crash but this is indicative of the stupidity of some drivers. 1) Drinking in the first place. 2) Not paying £1.80 in the car park. 3)Leaving the car unattended. 4)P**ssing off the Cops: 12 month ban. £150 fine. £120 for towing the car away and £30 parking fine. The point I'm trying to (laboriously) make is if that's the level of stupidity shown when parking then it's even worse when their cars are actually moving.

I watch that. I watched one about a policeman who was shot at Oxenholme station, and a gargoyle was added to Carlisle cathedral in his honour. I always wondered why there was a policemans head on the cathedral.

Back