Stilo Nice Stilo on Ebay but expensive?

Currently reading:
Stilo Nice Stilo on Ebay but expensive?

blueskev

Hi, long time Multipla owner here, I was browsing ebay as you do, and came across this: item number 162390951603 (sorry I cant post URLs yet).

Its just down the road from me and I really like the look of it but even considering the low mileage and good condition, I'm thinking £1250 would be more realistic?
Opinions greatly received :)
Regards,
Kev.

Maybe. The only cars over £1500 are 2.4 Abarths/Schu's... so nearer £1250 than £1750 for sure.

Having said that, it's a 1.8 which is not a bad engine to have.. it's in good nick and low mileage (you'll have to check out when the next cam-belt change is due, by age rather than miles possibly) so it depends how much you fancy it.

You could buy one in less condition and easily spend £400 fixing any issues (paint, suspension, mechanicals etc.) so if this one really doesn't need anything then it might be "cheaper" down the road than a car that will need a bunch of parts and labour soon..

Ralf S.

Maybe. The only cars over £1500 are 2.4 Abarths/Schu's... so nearer £1250 than £1750 for sure.

Having said that, it's a 1.8 which is not a bad engine to have.. it's in good nick and low mileage (you'll have to check out when the next cam-belt change is due, by age rather than miles possibly) so it depends how much you fancy it.

You could buy one in less condition and easily spend £400 fixing any issues (paint, suspension, mechanicals etc.) so if this one really doesn't need anything then it might be "cheaper" down the road than a car that will need a bunch of parts and labour soon..

Ralf S.

Thanks Ralf, do you know what the belt is like to do on these? Being an ex Alfa GTV owner, I know about expensive cambelt changes lol

The 1.8 motore is the same as the one in the Barchetta and is a near relative of the 1.8 Alfa Twin Spark motor (albeit missing some extra ignition equipment).

I'd suppose it has no balancer shaft so it would be a simple cam-belt change (about as simple as a DOHC head can get anyway). A pair of cam-locks is the only special tool you'd need.

You have to change the tensioner and pulley (comes in the kit anyway) and I'd also change the water pump... but avoid a cheapo' one from eBay (guess what killed my T/Spark? :( ). The OE pump can do 6-digit mileage but mine was fairly tired when I took it out at 108k. The cheapo replacement didn't make it past 54,000 miles and failed in service... but a Valeo or known brand should manage 72k easily.

Use good oil.. but the service interval of 12,000 miles is fine. My old beast (150k up) was looking pretty good on 12k services (about every 10 months). If you change the oil every 6000 miles I'd guess it would last forever. The 1.8 engine uses a lof of 2.0ltr components so it's quite over-engineered for ~130bhp.

Ralf S.

Ralf S.

Back