Panda Newbie

Currently reading:
Panda Newbie

suesnafu

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I bought a fiat panda in February, because it was only £440 it was fairly low mileage and a bit battered. It has to get up my pretty rough track (even though it's not a 4 x 4 one), and take my granddaughter 6 miles to school every day. I have had absolutely not trouble at all with it and love it. My granddaughter has named it Primrose. The rest of the family take the p*ss out of it, in their gas puzzles, but hey ho!

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I bought a fiat panda in February, because it was only £440 it was fairly low mileage and a bit battered. It has to get up my pretty rough track (even though it's not a 4 x 4 one), and take my granddaughter 6 miles to school every day. I have had absolutely not trouble at all with it and love it. My granddaughter has named it Primrose. The rest of the family take the p*ss out of it, in their gas puzzles, but hey ho!
It beats walking, does the job, if it gets another scratch it's not the end of the World, I had several Fiat Unos all for around £300, I bought a dingy at an auction, so big I laid it straight on the roof tied it down through the open windows climbed in and drove 25 miles home no problem, ex wife helped a farmer whose tractor had died when baling by moving the last of the straw bales inside the car and on the roof across the fields in several journeys. :)

fairly low mileage and a bit battered. It has to get up my pretty rough track
Hi and welcome:) Sounds like an ideal car! Well done on getting a good 'un:)
The rest of the family take the p*ss out of it, in their gas puzzles, but hey ho!
Huh, more fool them I say! Pandas are perfect for people who have nothing to prove:)

To help make sure Primrose stays trouble-free, I'd recommend checking and treating the following for rust:
  • rear axle spring pans
  • coolant return pipe across front of engine (not on diesel)
  • engine sump pan
Check the 'duckbill' scuttle drains below the wipers are clear - they block easily.

thanks for the advice. I met a guy in Portugal recently with this little beauty.
20221105_172901.jpg

Back