Ducato Newbie intro

Currently reading:
Ducato Newbie intro

Womo793

Hi, new to this forum and new to fiat. Have a 2.8 dti Ducato based motorhome. Found some of the posts on here to be very useful with a couple of issues. Can anyone tell me is there a section of the forum for motorhomes and how do I join? Regards

Hi,

The simple answer is NO.
This is a forum relating to the Fiat base vehicle. If you are seeking to contribute, or are seeking advice on motorhome specific matters, then "outandandaboutlive" is free to join, as is MotorHomeOwners (MHO), which claims to be the friendliest MH forum. Perhaps more active is "motorhomefun", but then you have to pay to join, and give or receive advice etc. I as others, donate time and knowledge, but object to paying for doing that. Many members of the Ducato section are also MH owners and members of other forums.

Thanks for the heads up on the motorhome forums. Its really about the Ducato issues I'm interested in more than the motorhome side. I have some experience working with the 2.8tdi iveco engine from owning a Renault Master, but I am new to the Fiat Ducato.

Hi.

Welcome.
The Fiat Ducato x244 series (2002-2006) uses an Iveco 2.8 JTD engine.

I think the earlier years used your engine which is not the common rail engine?

Yes I think you're right, my van is the x230 series. It has the SOFIM/IVECO 8140.43 engine, (I don't know the actual relationship between IVECO and SOFIM). This engine is the 2.8 turbo, direct injection(?), with a Bosch VE fuel pump, not common rail.
Regards

hey womo, i have a 2.8jtd van converting it into a camper happy to help with anything engine related. welcome to the forum,

Back