Newbie Here

Currently reading:
Newbie Here

ollie1002

Hello everyone, i bought an 02 plate stilo abarth yesterday hense why im on here now really, is there anything i need to look out for? every now and again the oil light and the gauges keep coming up but i cant figure it out? is it just checking it? because i have checked the oil and its at the top of the dip stick?

thanks

ollie

Hi Ollie,

I'm new as well just joined yesterday. It's a great site learn't loads.
What exactly is happening on the dash?

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

i drove her back from where i got her from friday 120 miles no problem, infact went like a rocket! then got home and that night it come up on the dash OIL with the digital gauges i think it looks like the tempature and how full it is? maybe its a little over full? would that harm my engine if it was?

thanks

Hi Steve,

i drove her back from where i got her from friday 120 miles no problem, infact went like a rocket! then got home and that night it come up on the dash OIL with the digital gauges i think it looks like the tempature and how full it is? maybe its a little over full? would that harm my engine if it was?

thanks

if its only just over the full mark then its fine but if its more than a lil over full you could ge some serious probs if your worried just drian i lil bit out from the sump plug hope it was a help mate

Yeh, I agree if it's just a tad over level then this will burn off, but if it's really over then the oil pressure will build, especially if you were hammering it on that journey.

Cheers,

Steve.:D

The abarth dipstick is very inaccurate and you need to keep an eye or two on the oil level ..many guys with the abarth have found that the stick shows no oil and if you turn it say half a turn is then shows :confused: anyway welcome to the forum and the stilo massive(y)

Last edited:
Might be an idea to change the oil filter as it could be partially blocked. This can cause the bypass valve to open which will also cause the oil pressure light to come on occasionally. This often shows up more at tickover and when warm, and when you rev the engine the light goes out.

What colour is the oil? Is it clean?

yeh the oil is clean, just had an oil change and waterpump belts etc? apparently not that i have reciepts but the bloke seemed genuine, he used to come on here?

Back