124 Coupe Newbie here with a '68 AC

Currently reading:
124 Coupe Newbie here with a '68 AC

Davin

Hi folks, looks like a great forum you have here!

I'm no stranger to old cars but the green 1968 124 Coupe that I dragged out of Bologna last year is my first Fiat. I'm really enjoying the little bugger, and I'm sure I'll be looking for plenty of advice as I dig deeper into the car.

I'm an American who currently lives in Stuttgart Germany, but I'll be moving to London in June. Maybe I'll bump into some of y'all at the Goodwood Revival.

Cheers!

-Davin

Attachments

• IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
Thank you Davren. I'd been looking for the right one for a few years, they're not so easy to find these days.

I'm having trouble diagnosing some valve chatter at the moment, which is what brought me here. I'm gonna post about it over in the Spider room.

Cheers,
-Davin

Hi Davin,

Welcome to the forum!

Thats a nice looking car you got there which I'm will turn many car enthusiasts heads out and about in London.

Thx.

Thank you! I just love the shape of these coupes, and after I finally got to drive one I was sold.

Ha ha, we will see how close to town I can afford to get a garage. I like living in the thick of the city, but that has often meant I've had to put an old car out in the sticks somewhere where garages cost less than whole apartments (at least in San Francisco it did).

My late father had the whole range of 124 coupes between the late sixties and 1974. His last one was an 1800 CC with alloys and Sundym glass. Then I grew too tall to sit in the back and he bought a 130.

Gorgeous cars, but rusted like hell.

D

Back