Technical New Tipo Formula Owner :) - problem

Currently reading:
Technical New Tipo Formula Owner :) - problem

Danzarak

Hi there,
Recently given (for nowt!) a H reg Fiat Tipo, lovely car... great fun to drive. I've changed the left front tyre, had the tracking sorted, new windscreen later today... once the front brakes are sorted, I'm pretty sure that's everything sorted for the MOT.

I didn't get a manual with the car, and I was hoping someone could tell me what the recommended tyre pressures front and rear for the Tipo are...

Secondly, I'm experiencing a problem I have been told is fairly common for the Tipo - when I have been running for a period,, if I brake fairly sharply on a hill, or on a corner, the car will stall instantly - not with any chugging or noise, it will just die quietly. I can at those moments, turn the key and it will instantly fire back up again and carry on... has anyone come across this problem with theirs, and does anyone have a solution? Or is it something a good tune up/service would sort out?

Thanks for the help - I've already found the forum of good use

Cheers!

Dan

what size tyres do you have? I reckon 30-32psi would be about right

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, wish it'd clean itself!

Hi and welcome to the club, my Tipo is a 1.4 '92 model,with 165/65 R 14 tyres inflated with 28psi front&rear!Be careful the presure differs if you have larger rims e.x.:for 15'' you must inflate them with 30-32!!!I hope i've helped you!

Although not car specific the side of the tyre will geve you a max pressure. If you dont go over that at least you know its safe to drive even if not giving the best traction/wear.

30 - 32 PSI for your Tires is the 14" Standards.

Tune up will sort your stalling, used to happen to me on my 1.6 but in the summer only :confused:

Had the emissions tested from the exhaust and the nice guys at my fav fiat garage tuned the levels. You may also need to play with your Rev Idle, could simply be idling to low. Also ask the garage to look a the Jets on your Carb, when they get faulty they mess up fuel flow and can either stall your car or not allow it to switch off.

Tuned Up Emission Results Below:

CO % Vol = 1.52
CO2 % Vol = 13.86
HC ppm Vol = 149
O2 % Vol = 1.35
Half Life (upside down Y) = 1

Back