New cento

Currently reading:
New cento

Its been a couple of years since ive been on here and a few nasty cars in between, but i return in a bigger and better cento. So hi to all that might remember me and hello to all that dont. My old cento used to look a bit like this:

Sadly took a round about a bit too fast for the cars liking and ended up destroying a huge amount of dual carriage way and turning the car into a circle as it rolled around.

But anyway heres the new car:

Some of the work thats already been done is:

Recon 1242, which all water pipes, pump, Brake system inc cables + drums + plates..., clutch, radiator, cambelt, tensioner gearbox... were replaced
punto 75 cam
punto 75 head
punto TB but will be upgraded as soon as 40mm TB's reappear (soon :lol: )
4-2-1 manifold
powerflow exhaust (not loud and done properly with no exhaust spacer)
GSR indution kit (currently in post)
Strutbrace
Lowered with new top mounts
Sei wheels
Abarth skirts and spoiler
Recaros- prof retrimmed in same material as rear seat :)
Cat 1 alarm
Magnecor kv85 leads
Denso iridium tough plugs
momo wheel just been fitted today

So at least i havent fitted neons :oops:

Next plans are Abarth front and rear bumpers, but then i'm really not sure as building a turbo kit myself really daunts me :( as i know nothing about them. Think the car would definately benefit from a remap though. Probably need to upgrade the brakes, but seems a shame as these are so new. Really need a couple of suggestions. Maybe a couple of (turbos are easy really posts would push me in that diretion, but looking at guides... just confuses me). Anyway i'm sure ill see everyone at some shows in the near future. Dan

Looks pretty cool mate (y) I'm absolutely loving the retrimmed Recaros :yum:

Umm as for turbo centos, it's relatively straight forward and simple enough to accomplish (with some mechanical know how and a fair bit of input from the people in the know on here) however it's an expensive game and makes for something that isnt really viable to use on a daily basis :eek:

Now if you've got a spare few thousand pounds, some time on your hands and a different daily driver then I would say go for it without a question of a doubt....... driving a turbo cento is an experience you will never forget :slayer:

Nice to see a Cinq in the right colour :D

I do like the seats they do go well, nice choice of new steering wheel btw ;)

I do have to say though as for Turbo's, they are great fun but don't underestimate how expensive these things are to live with even when they are not going wrong :eek:

in terms of work a low boost is quite do-able, and easier to live with

Hey Dan,

Good to see you back in a Cinq. Good looking car, the Recaro's look ace, look like Ford Recaro's as fitted to RS Turbo's and alike with just center panel retrimmed, very effective. Love exhaust as looks like the Magnex back box's running along back bumper like that.

Was years ago you drove my red Turbo Cinq, not long after I got it as well, happy days lol

Ah yes the Armco you took out with your old Cinq, remember the roundabout well.

Turboing your self is pretty involved and not something to undertake lightly or halfheartedly as will be expensive.

TBH the spec of your car sounds good as it is to keep things easy a ported and polished head with the bigger TB would be nice mapped after wards, next step maybe MPI though as its 75 head is it not already MPi head :confused:

Anyway the natural progression is 1242 16V or 1368 16V although this would require management, manifold & manifold changes, again not something that is difficult but more involved and expensive.

For decent brakes at good price bigger wheels 14"+ make like easier, and TBH the wheels are about only thing I'm not keen on.

Anyway you just got it, so enjoy a while before any big changes.

Aaron

Thank you sir. yeah cant believe you let me drive it really as i hadnt really been driving long. still remebering crunching your gears and feeling a bit guilty. haha.

Not too keen on the wheels myself and will be changed in due course. The throttle body is half way to being sorted through Jamie with a bit of luck.

He told me it was a 75 head but looks exactly the same as the 1242 from the outside, so not sure what he would have meant?

Have done a fair bit of research on the engine progressions over the last couple of years and 1.4 does sound nice, but probably at least a year down the line.

Think the punto GT brakes would be the way forward as they seem to be the best stopping power for money without spendinng days and days playing about.

Glad to see your still about even if you pretend the seiento isnt yours. ;)

Hey Dan

Welcome back, need to speak to you about the TB ;)

Car looks good although wrong colour ;)

Yeah they deffo look like RS Turbo seats and nice and comfy from what I rem of my mates car (y)

I was just going to argue that Turbo Cento's aren't that expensive until I look at mine :eek: but they are fun for what they are as you know ;)

Although if I was to mod a cento again without doubt it'd get a 1.4 16v of some type be that an N/A or try and get a T-Jet :yum:

Anyway watch out for the Armco whilst enjoying it :p

Edit: The Sei really isn't his Dan, Emma drives it properly ;) lol

Last edited:
Back