New Car.. Audi A4 Convertible?

Currently reading:
New Car.. Audi A4 Convertible?

Audi A4 convertible is a really nice car, 4 seater and decent boot so practical as well, they have excellent build quality as you would expect, hold there value and not a problem to sell on in the future.

I would steer away from the auto box versions unless they have had gear oil and filter changes @ the 40,000 mile stage in which case they should be ok. The handling is ok, but remember it is a cabrio.

1.8T engines are good with plenty of tuning to be had, servicing is not a problem, 3.0 v6 is thirsty but has Quattro iirc so has the v8 which are rapid but expensive to run. It has a folding soft top which is properly waterproof but just make sure all seals are clean and soft. All in all a decent reliable practical car which should give you no real problems and plenty of fun when/if the sun is out.

cheers for that :) just what i was actually looking for!
do you think i'd be better getting getting the 1.8T petrol or the 2.5 TDI?
there both group 15 insurance. but the 1.8t petrol is slightly quicker 0-62.
what has better capicity for tuning? i want to have it for a few years.. so want the best out of it :D

cheers for that :) just what i was actually looking for!
do you think i'd be better getting getting the 1.8T petrol or the 2.5 TDI?
there both group 15 insurance. but the 1.8t petrol is slightly quicker 0-62.
what has better capicity for tuning? i want to have it for a few years.. so want the best out of it :D

You can only tune a diesel to the point of parts failing due to the amount of extra torque being placed on them which is more readily available from a tuned diesel - early clutch failure, gearbox problems, driveshaft failure etc which doesn't effect petrol cars as much, check the threads on faults after remaps etc in the stilo section for instance.

Tuning parts for the 1.8T are vast and the potential far greater as thats what most go for - just a cat back exhaust and remap can add 50+ bhp, so the only obstacle is the amount of money you wanna spend TBH.

Petrol will be quicker due to the engine being a lot lighter than the 2.5 TDi, the diesel will have rubbish handling as its got no roof anyway plus a very heavy front end.

Check out http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/section.php?xSec=48 for ideas and the power gains available for the 1.8T.

Last edited:
that price is ridiculousy low!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

2006 brera models often go for £10-12k.

2006 159's go for £8-9k already, which is an even better bargain! i cant wait until a nice mjet sportwagon costs £4k, then she will be mine.

alfa romeo depreciation is great:slayer:

A suggestion! An S2000...Not a hairdresser car, but a serious car, RWD, vtec, this one is a good example;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/772545.htm

Agree with that, as long as you get the hard top.

Coyles only problem would be the tuning aspect, theres no alot of room for tuning at all on the already tuned VTEC engine in the S2000. Unless you have the cash and go for the bolt on turbo route. Which is a waste of money imo.

I'd still take it over the A4 though.

Back