General Need Advice!

Currently reading:
General Need Advice!

brads91

Hi Guys i picked up my 58 plate Grande Punto Abarth SS on tuesday :) over the moon however in the past couple of days it has developed a knocking when moving at fairly slow speeds over uneven surface, i cannot place my finger on where it is coming from can hear it only from inside the car :S can anyone help please??

door striker plates?

when sitting inside try putting pressure downwards on the doors (ie by leaning on the door handle) if it makes a knock/creak sound then its your door strikers

I will try the doors :) thanks and ye I think it's quite common but thought they would be little more sturdy on the abarth??

door striker plates?

when sitting inside try putting pressure downwards on the doors (ie by leaning on the door handle) if it makes a knock/creak sound then its your door strikers

the doors are fine so not that :(

general knocking (mainly from the front passenger side) particularly noticeable when going down holes or when coming off speed bumps. my top mount had actually split in two and was constantly coming apart and then almost clipping back together.

i managed to stop it for a while by soaking the top of the top mount with wd40 through the thin slits in the scuttle panel, using the provided red straw, i think that enabled it to clip fully back into itself for a while until the harsh roads over winter knocked it out again.

as mentioned above, it could also be drop links but mine are fine, no play in them, and i have mine lowered on eibach sportlines for well over a year which will be putting more pressure on them too.

but anyway, if you've only just picked it up you should be well within your rights to take it back and demand the garage (assuming you bought it from one) fix the issues, something about statuary rights for 30 days as not fit for purpose - that and usually you get some kind of warranty with a car, even a 2nd hand one.

general knocking (mainly from the front passenger side) particularly noticeable when going down holes or when coming off speed bumps. my top mount had actually split in two and was constantly coming apart and then almost clipping back together.

i managed to stop it for a while by soaking the top of the top mount with wd40 through the thin slits in the scuttle panel, using the provided red straw, i think that enabled it to clip fully back into itself for a while until the harsh roads over winter knocked it out again.

as mentioned above, it could also be drop links but mine are fine, no play in them, and i have mine lowered on eibach sportlines for well over a year which will be putting more pressure on them too.

but anyway, if you've only just picked it up you should be well within your rights to take it back and demand the garage (assuming you bought it from one) fix the issues, something about statuary rights for 30 days as not fit for purpose - that and usually you get some kind of warranty with a car, even a 2nd hand one.

ye bought the car from main dealership and it is still under warranty so booked it in with them for next week just such a pain in the ass

the car went into garage and got it back yesterday, they said it was the heat shield on the exhaust and one of the mounts loose so they fixed this however the knocking is still there?

I still put my money on the top mounts or drop links, or even possibly worn front suspension bump stops - another fairly common one - I had those changed within 6 months of having my car.

Just take it back again and get them to sort it out.

Ive only got a gp but asume most suspension components are the same
I had a knoking noise turnt out to be the anti roll bar links on the front
relatively cheap but if under warrenty get garage to sort it
hope that helps

Re: FIAT ARBATH

Hi,i am thinking of getting 165bhp arbath 2nd hand,anything i need to look out for,and are they reliable cars.
will they become as sought after as the uno turbo in years to come? any ideas
tony:D

Back