need a favor from any members in Aberdeen

Currently reading:
need a favor from any members in Aberdeen

nos2610

Hey folks wondering if someone could do me a huge favor????

I am looking to get new wings, bonnet and front bumper for my 52 plate 3 door stilo. I have managed to locate them in Overton dismantlers in Aberdeen. And an extra bonus for me is they are black -saves pennies on a respray

My problem is that the guy in the scrappies wont confirm the colour code or even if they are flat black or metallic, so was wondering if anyone in the area fancies nipping in and asking to have a look at a wing (which is already off the car) and let me know what shade it is?

This would be a massive help and save me a drive to Aberdeen if they are the wrong colour coz I seriously cant afford to have the parts sprayed.

Any helo with this would be much appriciated. :)

Yeh, i could go have a look for you.

How would i confirm what actual shade it is for you - will there be some type of code on the back for example?

Ah brilliant. The colour code on my car is 601. From what the guy told me on the phone you are not actually allowed In the scrappies but he has advised the wing is already off the car. I am just looking for someone to run there eyes over it and confirm it is black and not metallic

That's right, your not allowed in the scrappies, just have to talk to someone in the office, who will fetch the part normally.

I don;t think they are open today, so will go across Monday pm for you! If you pm me your no# i can txt / phone you with the result if you like..

Brilliant thank you guys. The 5 door front end is different from the 3 door unfortunatley. Once I figure out how to pm I will pass on my number. If y8u could text methat would great as I am deaf. Cheers again guys.

Right, i saw both wings, they are not metalic, but the n/s is severely scratched, the o/s is quite scratched so you would have to respray before fitting for sure. It was £19 + VAT Plus, i could not confirm the paint colour, as they did not have the color code anywhere on them.

Sorry it's not better news, but hope this helped! If you still want to go ahead and buy, if you bought them over the phone, i could collect and bring them down the road next time i come down, which is usually every could of weeks.

Thank you for going to have a look at them, overton are asking 150 for all the parts I need so at that price I defo cant afford to have them sprayed. Looks like I will have to keep looking.

Thank you very much you have saved me a long drive to be dispointed.

If you ever need anything done down here in fife give me a shout :)

No worries man, sorry it didn't work out!! It was clear from them & the pics of the whole car, that it had been rolled a few times, then dragged out the field presumably, by the recovery..

My folks live down in Fife, i go down at least once a month to visit them, so might arrange a mini meet of sorts!

Good luck in your quest!

Back