General My new Uno site

Currently reading:
General My new Uno site

Hi all :)
Once again boredom has prevailed (sp?) and instead of doing the usual crap i made myself a Modding Uno site.

http://moduno.luke1985.co.uk

No content yet. CSS is only half done (if you see funny scroll bar colours - they difinately arent done properly). This is purely a preliminary layout before i cut it up again to put into PHP files to make it dynamic.

So, any comments? Nows the time to say...

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Looks like ive got some competition in the Uno site business, hehe!!! :p ;)

Ive never seen your car Luke, get some piccies up so we can have a look.

Im making a Punto site soon in readyness for my new car....

gaz_wrexham said:
please help me i need to b site like yours and have no idea what im doing

good site too :D

ta :)
Al you need is photoshop, alot of spare time (if you're new to it), and know how to do HTML table layouts.

BUT,
if you sketch me a pic of the layout you want with colours etc, i'll do the graphics and cut them up for you. all you'll have to do is put them into the HTML files - which is what takes time.

PM me if you're interested in doing that :)

chrisunoman said:
Looks like ive got some competition in the Uno site business, hehe!!! :p ;)

Ive never seen your car Luke, get some piccies up so we can have a look.

Im making a Punto site soon in readyness for my new car....

Well its a bogo standard one outside so not alot to show really. I've painted the wheels black, thats about it. Couldn't afford to do much else till now - since my insurance is gonna be cheaper this year. Inside, just put neons in, trimmed door cards, ICE install (not trimmed properly yet), seat covers.

Plus i had absolutely no faith in my uno 'till i found this place, so its gone from here really. Who knows what the future holds? Only me continuing as a poor student :(

Anyways, pics...
(taken on the phone so not too good quality)

Attachments

• Image(81).jpg
    Image(81).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Image(80).jpg
    Image(80).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Image(78).jpg
    Image(78).jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Image(77).jpg
    Image(77).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 186
::SITE UPDATE::
Just added the frames for the thumbnails - in the featured content & in the main. Should all resize fine too with the size of the thumbnails. Gonna have the fullsize pics open up in a new window to save the layout, and page loading time.

Also, the scrollbars should be all colour coded now too.

Anything i've missed that i've got left to do? (Layout wise, not content!)

If not, then i'm pretty much done and ready to build the site up.

oh i cant have you doing it for me :(, its my uni project :eek:

i can do the site and the database behind it, i just dont know how to connect them together yet, all the books i been reading seem useless

gaz_wrexham said:
oh i cant have you doing it for me :(, its my uni project :eek:

i can do the site and the database behind it, i just dont know how to connect them together yet, all the books i been reading seem useless

connecting the database to the front end of the site? If so, use PHP. get SAMS teach yourself MySQL,PHP & Apache in 24Hours...

Back