General my new 20v turbo

Currently reading:
General my new 20v turbo

mad20val

hi iv just brought a 20v turbo coupe and i love it to bits its puts :)on my face everytime i drive it just iv came across one problem the temp gauge has just stoped working is there a reason for this and what should i look for and also what boost hould they run standard :confused:

might be that the thermostat has stuck!...................... its very commen and they always stick in the open position so keeping the engine cool.
Get it checked though cos running cold all the time will eventually cause borewash and you dont want that!!

There are two temperature sensors on the 20VT - one on the thermostat housing (for the ECU) and one on the block for the dash gauge.

If your temp gauge is just stuck at the lowest level, I'd suspect the wire has come off the sensor - have a look, its on the right hand side of the block (as you look into the engine bay) and just below the throttle body and thermostat housing - its a single wire with a female spade connector

wicked :):):):) found the problem thanks very much guys it was just the wire come off was a bit broken so replaced teh spade and connected it now it works fine ;)

Back