Now which is it

• my mate marmite

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • i hate marmite

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • never had it

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
it aint very good for u at all... especially women!

makes u very very prone to gettin thrush if u eat a lot of it, as it is nearly pure yeast it cause an imbalance in your body resulting in a yeast infection, that can spread to a partner and can even make your feet and toe nails rot.

is bloody tasty tho!

mase_abarth said:
it aint very good for u at all... especially women!

makes u very very prone to gettin thrush if u eat a lot of it, as it is nearly pure yeast it cause an imbalance in your body resulting in a yeast infection, that can spread to a partner and can even make your feet and toe nails rot.

is bloody tasty tho!
lol, and yet another urban legend is born. :D

Yeast is a fungus. Candida is a species of yeast that can cause yeast infections. Marmite is not Candida. One treatment/preventative for yeast infections is to eat lots of yoghurt as Candida can flourish where it has no competition.

It's a bit like saying don't eat mushrooms because the Destroying Angel mushroom is poisonous.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/common/candidiasis.html

polecat said:
Yeast is a fungus. Candida is a species of yeast that can cause yeast infections. Marmite is not Candida. One treatment/preventative for yeast infections is to eat lots of yoghurt as Candida can flourish where it has no competition.

It's a bit like saying don't eat mushrooms because the Destroying Angel mushroom is poisonous.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/common/candidiasis.html
good point well presented...

sammiboo said:
oh wait ....have we gone off topic - i dont care its my thread :p
No, not off-topic as such, more of a thread enhancement of the extra properties [or not] of marmite.....

Now if only this thread had been about body chocolate ;)

Stuart DemonD said:
Now if only this thread had been about body chocolate ;)
This is wierd. I was having a conversation with someone just the other day about using marmite as body paint!
Can't believe this thread has been allowed to drop so far off the front page.
Anyway, love it. Currently eating toast with twice as much marmite as usual, Making me feel slightly sick. Which is cool... :eek:
H

hmallett said:
This is wierd. I was having a conversation with someone just the other day about using marmite as body paint!
Can't believe this thread has been allowed to drop so far off the front page.
Anyway, love it. Currently eating toast with twice as much marmite as usual, Making me feel slightly sick. Which is cool... :eek:
H
YAY my thread is back - i love marmite even more!!!!

i want it right now :D

sammiboo said:
obviously..... or i wouldn have said anything :confused:

I'll give some to ben to take to the next FF meet... because I won't be there probably, having no car.

Back