Punto (Mk2/2b) My boring standard Punto :P

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My boring standard Punto :P

Digimods

Established member
Hey, had my car for nearly a year now, so thought I'd post it up to show you how it looks after a year of abuse (not really!)

First up, the engine, or some may say the lack of it :p It's the 1242 8v, so the lowest of the low, pretty nippy though seems to have eased up over mileage. Had the head gasket go, the gearbox, and the clutch but all done under warranty so its like a new car really (hence my reluctance to sell)

punto25.jpg

Here's the speedos showing the 26k mileage, not too bad, was pretty high when I brought it, but I've only done about 7k this year which has brought it down.

punto24.jpg

The interior. Does anyone else's seats stain like a bitch for no reason?

punto21.jpg

Outside, just washed of course.

punto27.jpg

punto26.jpg

punto23.jpg

punto20.jpg

punto22.jpg

and the best bit, my new JVC headunit (gave my old Rocky one to my girlfriend heh!)
punto28.jpg

punto29.jpg

punto30.jpg

Pete

I have the same car as you down to the colour and yes the seats do stain like a bitch!

Nice mate, looks very tidy, a years motoring doesn't seem to have done it any harm ;)

A smart set of wheels to set it off eh?

After looking at your post on the mk2.5 you created, I thought I was gonna be looking at something like that! Its a nice car though and the graphite Stilo alloys would set it off a treat :cool:

Had the head gasket go, the gearbox, and the clutch but all done under warranty

Thats unlucky for an 02 reg car, apart from the clutch- everyone's had that problem! At what mileage did you get these problems?

About 24k, but I've had many other problems with it too.

The idlers went in the gearbox, which meant a knocking noise at idle.

Bits and bobs such aas headlights misted up (sorted now)

Airbag light etc etc.

A few factors really, although my main reason is that I can't bring myself to spending / wasting money on modding cars in real life. I have a fair bit saved up for a new car, and I could spend some of it on new wheels or get a new car, I'd rather have a new car heh.

Most modded cars I see, I think they are tacky too.

Very nice looking car mate, and I think the Stilo wheels would look ace on it.

I'm looking at exactly that head unit at the minute, to hook up to the 12 disc Mp3 changer that Santa may well be bringing my way. One question (and it may be stupid), but does the front panel open OK when used with a fascia adapter? I was looking at one of the high-end Sony units as well (the one that plays back DVDs from an external source) and it looked like it would catch everytime you opened it.

Also, how good is the headunit? I'm kind of torn between that and the slightly cheaper touch screen one. Info much appreciated.

almcluskey said:
I'm looking at exactly that head unit at the minute, to hook up to the 12 disc Mp3 changer that Santa may well be bringing my way. One question (and it may be stupid), but does the front panel open OK when used with a fascia adapter? I was looking at one of the high-end Sony units as well (the one that plays back DVDs from an external source) and it looked like it would catch everytime you opened it.

Also, how good is the headunit? I'm kind of torn between that and the slightly cheaper touch screen one. Info much appreciated.

Opens fine, never catches. Only slight trouble is releasing the unit facia, and the button is at bottom.. but its fine in all fairness.

I reallllllly love the headunit, works fine for me, and my mate has it who is a real audio-phile. I love all the features on it. I'm not a great ICE fanatic, so can't give you all the pro's and con's...

I'd recomend it over other headunits I've come across though.

Hope this helps you.

Back